Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Asko 1885

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_2Sachse_*

Lurker_2Sachse_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:53 AM

I have an ASKO 1885 dishwasher that fills, runs most of a cycle then stops and gives and F2 overfill fault. There is water in the bottom of the washer when it stops. I can clear the fault by simply pressing the stop button. If I restart a cycle, all the water pumps out of the bottom of the washer and the new cycle starts but doesn't finish - giving the same fault.

I've removed the front of the washer and can't find any leaks. It's bone dry.

Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_2Sachse_*

Lurker_2Sachse_*

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:16 AM

Oops. I lied. I have an ASKO model 1595.

#3 Lurker_2Sachse_*

Lurker_2Sachse_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:13 AM

Anyone have a suggestion regarding my ASKO 1595 dishwasher?

It's not leaking into the pan. I pulled the service panel and checked that. The machine drains fine. It fills fine. It washes/circulates fine. About 40 minutes into the cycle it shuts off with an F2 fault - the bottom of the washer tub has clean hot water in it at this point, but it's not overfull and it isn't leaking.

I can clear the F2 by simply pressing another cycle button on the console. The dishwasher immediately pumps all the water out and starts a new cycle A-ok. Until 40 minutes later when the f2 fault returns.

Is there a sensor that could be faulty? I can't see anything that's not working here but keep getting that blasted F2 error.

I got a cut and paste canned response to my email that suggested a Plugged/Bad water pump (don't think this is the problem since it pumps and circulates just fine) or a Defective water inlet valve (also don't think this is it since it has no problem at all filling with water).

Anything else? Anyone?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:15 AM

Let's wait for Kiwi on this one. He's the resident Asko expert and usually comes around a night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics