Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest 2Sachse

Asko 1885

4 posts in this topic

I have an ASKO 1885 dishwasher that fills, runs most of a cycle then stops and gives and F2 overfill fault. There is water in the bottom of the washer when it stops. I can clear the fault by simply pressing the stop button. If I restart a cycle, all the water pumps out of the bottom of the washer and the new cycle starts but doesn't finish - giving the same fault.

I've removed the front of the washer and can't find any leaks. It's bone dry.

Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oops. I lied. I have an ASKO model 1595.

Anyone have a suggestion regarding my ASKO 1595 dishwasher?

It's not leaking into the pan. I pulled the service panel and checked that. The machine drains fine. It fills fine. It washes/circulates fine. About 40 minutes into the cycle it shuts off with an F2 fault - the bottom of the washer tub has clean hot water in it at this point, but it's not overfull and it isn't leaking.

I can clear the F2 by simply pressing another cycle button on the console. The dishwasher immediately pumps all the water out and starts a new cycle A-ok. Until 40 minutes later when the f2 fault returns.

Is there a sensor that could be faulty? I can't see anything that's not working here but keep getting that blasted F2 error.

I got a cut and paste canned response to my email that suggested a Plugged/Bad water pump (don't think this is the problem since it pumps and circulates just fine) or a Defective water inlet valve (also don't think this is it since it has no problem at all filling with water).

Anything else? Anyone?

Let's wait for Kiwi on this one. He's the resident Asko expert and usually comes around a night.