Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

edwardsae1

Maytag Stacked Washer/dryer LSE7804ACE

6 posts in this topic

I was given a free maytag lse7804ace stacked unit. here's what's it doing: washer is set to large load. it fills with water and agitates (though the cold water setting isn't working - though we think that's unrelated?) it begins to drain (slowly) but it doesn't switch over to the rinse/spin cycle. there's a buzzing noise, VERY LOUD, emitted during this drain/do nothign process.

I looked at older posts on the forum re:similar problems on the same unit. This whole DIY appliance stuff is new to my and my roommate, but we're willing and eager to learn.

it's probably good to know that unit sat outside for about 9 months, and then inside for about 6 months without any use ...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Rinse is done with cold water. That buzzing you're hearing at the rinse cycle is the sound of the cold water side of the water inlet valve being energized but not water flowing through it. Verify good water supply right up to the valve. If that's good, then replace the valve.

Part Link ==> Water Inlet Valve

what does it mean if the dial is stuck on the click before rinse and, when you turn it to rinse it finishes draining and then goes into spin? does that additional info change the diagnosis?

Still sounds like a watervalve issue, timer stalls awaiting tub to fill (hums because it doesn't know the words)

(hums because it doesn't know the words)

best. advice. ever.

how easy is it to get to the valve and replace it? will i need any specialized tools?

First make sure that water line/hose is not blocked or kinked (or turned off) - check inlet screen for obstructions - the washer part of that machine can be lifted and slid forward out of the cabinet, then remove the front panel (2 screws near bottom) and remove the top to gain access to the water valve