Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Stacked Washer/dryer LSE7804ACE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 edwardsae1

edwardsae1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:my first love - Yuengling

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I was given a free maytag lse7804ace stacked unit. here's what's it doing: washer is set to large load. it fills with water and agitates (though the cold water setting isn't working - though we think that's unrelated?) it begins to drain (slowly) but it doesn't switch over to the rinse/spin cycle. there's a buzzing noise, VERY LOUD, emitted during this drain/do nothign process.

I looked at older posts on the forum re:similar problems on the same unit. This whole DIY appliance stuff is new to my and my roommate, but we're willing and eager to learn.

it's probably good to know that unit sat outside for about 9 months, and then inside for about 6 months without any use ...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

Rinse is done with cold water. That buzzing you're hearing at the rinse cycle is the sound of the cold water side of the water inlet valve being energized but not water flowing through it. Verify good water supply right up to the valve. If that's good, then replace the valve.

Part Link ==> Water Inlet Valve

#3 edwardsae1

edwardsae1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

what does it mean if the dial is stuck on the click before rinse and, when you turn it to rinse it finishes draining and then goes into spin? does that additional info change the diagnosis?

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Still sounds like a watervalve issue, timer stalls awaiting tub to fill (hums because it doesn't know the words)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 edwardsae1

edwardsae1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

(hums because it doesn't know the words)

best. advice. ever.

how easy is it to get to the valve and replace it? will i need any specialized tools?

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

First make sure that water line/hose is not blocked or kinked (or turned off) - check inlet screen for obstructions - the washer part of that machine can be lifted and slid forward out of the cabinet, then remove the front panel (2 screws near bottom) and remove the top to gain access to the water valve
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics