Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire refrig/freezer - FRS26LH5DQ0

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hefe

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi All,

It has been a while and took 2 days to figure out the new website. I guess the times are changing.

Just got back from gator hunting to find the Frig/Freezer leaking. I have a real quick question. I have now replaced the "starter relay" on 2 different refrig/freezers twice in 10 months. The compressor OHMs out low @ 5-8 across all 3 jacks. I think I need to order the "start relay" but what about the "Run Cap"?

At power on...I see the compressor copper line start to frost then go hot. I really never hear it cycle and all fans spin. All is clean (Leaf Blower).

Do I have identified both the Run Cap & the Strater, but do I buy both or just the starter? Starter has a slight rattle, but not much.

PN's from RepairClinic:
Run Cap: 1037332
Starter Relay: 1062105

Thank ya'll for saving my butt AGAIN.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

At power on...I see the compressor copper line start to frost then go hot.

How long does the compressor run? Best way to tell is by using a clamp on ampmeter on the compressor L1. But the feel test will do.

I really never hear it cycle and all fans spin.

By "cycle" do you mean turn off? And I assume you're referring to the compressor?

#3 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Oh Grand Master...This is an honor. :imnotworthy: I have aways talked to Reg_pat....He is AWSOME! I wish I could get my old handle back of "error".

The compressor line frosts in the first 5 seconds of plug-in and fast as it goes hot and didn't chill again in an 0.5 hour. Although didn't watch every minute while sipping beer! The compressor bulb gets warm and the relay get warm/semi-hot.

Also would like to send ya'll some new parts that I can't use so drop me a personal email of where to send them.

#4 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

OK...Didn't know if I need the Cap or relay so I ordered both to cover my a$$ and spend as little time on the floor in the garage. I believe it will only be a starter relay.

Q: I have 2 leads on the old starter(Red & Lt. Blue), does it make a difference which one plugs in where? The new starter has an "L" & "N" labeled next to it. If I have to make a guess RED -> "L" & Lt Blue -> "N".

Will not be installing new part until Tropical Storm Lee passes and the power stops spiking every 20 minutes. Winds currently at 25Knots and rain is horizontal at 2" per hour.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Run Cap's almost NEVER fail, and the fridge will actually work without one - linked part should work if it looks that same as wut you got now

http://www.repaircli...ber=FRS26LH5DQ0

00922736.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

I wish I could get my old handle back of "error".

This One ?

Posted Image
error

0 Joined 10-January 09
Merit Apprentice Appliantologist · 22 posts

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Yes Exact...I bought them both from the RepairClinic. Just wanted to check the wiring connections to the "L" & "N" connectors. Thinking the Red wire is "L"(Line?) & Lt Blue is "N"(Neutrual). If this works again(4 in 10 months over 3 units) I will be ordering more for all frig/freezers in the house. Something keep killing them and I need them on-hand for faster response. The wiring diagram gives limited detail.

#8 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

KDOG "Grand Master Funk" - Yes my old username was error. I had not been on since the forum switched to the new format. Every time I tried to reset the account it would not take. The email on file for "error" is bad and I think is old navy address. Would love to get "error" back and changed to this email. I am also not sure if this site likes apple Mac so facebook is my only mode of login.

Can you help me get "Error" back? Reg_USPat should remember me from weeks of Oven repair and under-counter Ice maker.

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Red = Hot and Blue = Neutral, sounds good

Wait and see if Samurai can reset your username

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

I wish I could get my old handle back of "error".

Found your error account and merged your Lee McCreery account into it. That awwta git it fer ya. Text me if you're having log in problems: 603-505-8460. Posted Image

#11 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

YA'LL ROCK!...It feels good to be back as "Error"...I have an expensive oven front control board that I would like to contribute to beer fund. Can anyone make good with it? I will send it? Jenn-Air gas upper-electric lower. If I remember it is a series 8 when I needed a series 10 and could not return it.

#12 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

You can list that here: http://appliantology...parts-junkyard/

#13 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

Will do in the morning with full model numbers and series.

#14 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Well...I thought I nailed it :banghead: . Replaced the starter and the compressor fired right up. Let it run over night and freezer is refrig cold and frig is warm. Think it might be the compressor (or Defrost relay/circuit unit?)? Any thoughts welcome but since this is the backup garage refrig/freezer looks like it heading to the retirement farm. At least I now have a spare starter for my house refrig/freezer.

#15 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Okay, now with the compressor running we can move on to other parts of the fridge. Let's start with the basics:

- make sure the condenser fan is running full speed and that the condenser is clean

- check all door gaskets all the way around for tight seal. No gaps.

- check the evaporator fan to make sure it's running.

- post a photo of the evaporator coils after the fridge has been plugged in and on for an hour or so.

Let us know whatcha find!

#16 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

... Let it run over night and freezer is refrig cold and frig is warm.

is the Compressor still running ?
May take up to 24 hrs or more to reach temperatures

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#17 error

error

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

I have let it run for 1.5 days. The coils show no signs of frosting. Compress didn't appear to be running continuious for last 24hrs. Compressor is rather hot and all fans appear to be on high. I said the freezer side is cool, but stainless bowl with 1" of water is only about 40-45 and the refrig is just slightly less than room temp.

Door seals are all good.

Evaporator Coil? I take this as the coils in the back next to the compressor. All is clean. Fan is clean and spinning. Just plugged unit back in(Unplugged last hour) and compressor came back on.

#18 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

... Evaporator Coil? I take this as the coils in the back next to the compressor.
... Fan is clean and spinning.

1) Evaporator Coil ... inside Freezer
2) If Fan by Compressor is running, Compressor should be running

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics