Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore side by side refrigerator water dispenser dripping

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_mamalou_*

Lurker_mamalou_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

We have a Kenmore refrigerator, model # 596.57542791, that has ice and water in the door. The water dispenser has been dripping for about a week. I t started with a slow drip maybe every 30 to 40 seconds.  Now it is dripping every 5 to 7 seconds.

It is connected to a reverse osmosis filter system but that has been checked out by Culligan and it is not the problem. Is there some other part in the fridge itself that could be the problem? The "Culligan Man" thought that there was not anything that could go out within the fridge. The usual culprit is the pump in the reverse osmosis system but it is fine.

Any suggestions before I have to call Sears?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:29 AM

Only thing that can cause that is a bad water/ice fill valve, (located in back down by compressor), the valve spring gets weak, something gets stuck in valve or seals in valve deterate.

Here's the part you will need: 12195504 Dual water inlet valve
CLICK HERE to see and/or order
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Lurker_mamalou_*

Lurker_mamalou_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:27 AM

Thanks so much. The pictures are very helpful also.

We have one more problem with this refrigerator that I can't find the part for.  There is a metal piece at the bottom of the fridge door that has a broken corner. I have figured out that it is a door stop. But sort of behind the stop is two white plastic pieces that attach with screws; on on the bottom of the fridge door and the bottom piece attaches on the metal bracket that the door "stands" in.  These two plastic pieces rub on top of each other when the door opens and closes. They seem to be round but are thicker than a washer or something like that.

The piece that screws onto the bottom of the door has cracked and lost a piece. I can't find it anywhere in the diagrams that came with our owner's manual. I called Sears parts and the lady couldn't find it either, but I'm not sure if she was understanding my descriptions either.

Any ideas?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:49 AM

Sears online shows the door closure as reference # 0034 in this breakdown, part number 12113202.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Lurker_mamalou_*

Lurker_mamalou_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for all your help!

#6 Lurker_mamalou_*

Lurker_mamalou_*

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:48 AM

I just  wanted to thank Willie and Pegi for their help with our fridge problems. We got our parts and were able to fix them ourselves, which was a great accomplishment.  for us.  We are mechanically challenged! 

This site is so helpful.  I will be referring people when they have problems.

Thanks again for saving us a service call!

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:53 AM

You are quite welcome, thanks for letting us know how this turned out for you....:cool:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics