Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slug

Slug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:53 AM

I have a six year old Kenmore dishwasher, model # 665.15895793, that apparently has something rattling around in the grinder of the pump.  I have scoured the site for info' but am getting more confused as I research.  The parts diagram from Sears notes that the pump gasket must be replaced anytime the pump assembly is removed.  It then shows the gasket as the first part in the assembly...which has to be a mistake.  What I would like to do is just peak inside and see if I can get to whatever is rattling around.  Does this really require major surgery?  I gather that if I call a repair person they will do the easy thing and replace the motor/pump assembly.  The cost of doing that could suggest to me that it would be better to go out and get a new dishwasher.  Shoot...I'm so far behind I'm not even confused about the repair...I'm confused by what to do first!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:54 AM

But you're not removing the pump assembly-- you're merely disassembling the top part of it to get access to the sump and impeller area.

#3 Slug

Slug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:07 AM

How far can I disassemble before I am in danger of disaster?  My confusion stems from the Sears diagram which suggests that the gasket is at the beginning of this action.  I'm sure that can't be right but...I do wish to avoid getting in over my head.  See:  http://www3.sears.com/ for the diagram of the pump/motor.  Why does the diagram start with #16 and then not show it anywhere else in the picture?  (I sure do hope I am making sense, oh honorable one.  No beer is involved-so far.)

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:09 AM

Just take off the spray arm and start tearing down. Until you're lifting the entire motor out of the basin, you're in no danger-- and that's not something you can do by mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics