Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

"new" forum software

RegUS_PatOff

• Team Samurai

You used to have, at the top of each page in your signature the link "for manuals and other goodies become an apprentice" - and when I wanted to us that in my post, I could simply scroll to the top of the page and copy/paste it into my post - now I am unable to find the link to copy :( such as what Reg has here: http://appliantology...965#entry206965

Please watch my video reply ==> http://screencast.com/t/ew8TAWB64

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

I Kinda feel like I'm watching a B/W version of Halloween III when scrolling the topics - trying to Follow the Black Pumpkin in the right column, the "preview topic" is kinda useless anyhow (at least I never use it), but find the bouncing ball very annoying

Please watch my video reply ==> http://screencast.com/t/2WyAEq9ny1

• Like 1

(Imagine yourself reading this in Century Gothic Text) - I notice when you scroll the page, the black pumpkin only lights up when your cursor is close to it horizontally, my display lights up when my cursor is anywhere in that large panel beyond the small control panel at the left - therefore when scrolling the various Black Pumpkins flash constantly - it's really quite annoying

Also, once you have posted in a topic, the forward to last post feature is disabled - if you think of information/links etc. to add, you can't jump back to where you just posted

The screencasts are great ! You should have one of your Boy's record you doing various repairs/testing etc. and post them in the gallery for a perk.

BTW - I never knew about that secret Pink Pumpkin at the bottom before, so that's worth the price of admission right there ....

Previous software had an avatar that appeared with the user, and a picture for your profile - those are now one and the same

hmm.. notification emails ...

I've only been signed up for personal message notifications..

all of a sudden, I've been getting emails for other topics I've posted in ..

• Team Samurai

I have to plead guilty on that one. Been experimenting with different settings on the back end. You can change it back on your control panel. Lemme know if you have a problem changing it and I'll check into it.

• Team Samurai

hmm.. notification emails ...

I've only been signed up for personal message notifications..

all of a sudden, I've been getting emails for other topics I've posted in ..

Please watch my screencast reply ==> http://screencast.com/t/X5Vudcd2v

• Like 1

Turned it OFF last night ..

checked it in the morning .. it's OK .,, still OFF

then just got a few emails :kopkrab:

• Team Samurai

Were they for topics you had replied to but had NOT subscribed to?

...Were they for topics you had replied to

... but had NOT subscribed to?

1) yes, such as emailed about this topic just now at 12:10

2) I'm not subscribed to any except PM's

• Team Samurai

I just checked and you successfully undid what did. IOW, unchecking that box is as much as I can do, too. I'm thinking you got those notifications from topics that got marked to autosubscribe you to topics in which you've replied. Give it another day or two and see if it settles down.

Yup - I been gettin' bombarded by E-mails too - everytime someone farts, checked and found my "autofollow" activated and turned it off (fills my e-mail otherwise), hopefully this will reduce the number of incoming mails as my server is smokin'

... I'm thinking you got those notifications from topics that got marked to autosubscribe you to topics in which you've replied.

... yes, seems to remember those topics "forever" and continue to send response emails ...

even after "notifications" have been turned OFF

• Team Samurai

Try going into one of those "stuck on" topics and click the "unfollow" button. See if that makes a difference.

• Team Samurai

Previous software had an avatar that appeared with the user, and a picture for your profile - those are now one and the same

Yes, that is one of the changes in the new version. Not sure why they did that but I do like how the avatars are more visible throughout, such as on the forum page you the avatar the last person to reply in a topic.