Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptun MDG3000AWW

maytag neptun cold air not drying

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 medrison

medrison

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

My dryer is blowing only cold air, so I opened the front cover and did some testing and measurements. When I turn the machine on, it rolls and the igniter gets really bright but no flame or fire on the burner, and then after a few seconds the igniter turns OFF. I removed both solenoids and they measure - the big one 650 ohms and the small one 1.3 kohms - kind of OK. I measure the voltage at the solenoids plugs. After I turn ON the machine, the big solenoid gets 120V untill the igniter turns OFF when the small solenoid gets 120V. I installed them back and checked the sensors. Both measure 0 ohms conductivity. Still the burned does not start. I checked the panel settings, the outside gas valve, all OK.
What else can be wrong?

Thank you,
Mike

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

00928758.jpg

The coil that has 3 connections is actually 2 coils in one housing, the center terminal is common - one is likely open (booster coil)

http://www.repaircli...mber=MDG3000AWW

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 medrison

medrison

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Ohhh...really....then that's the problem...cause it does not measure anything in between the side pins and the middle one...just between the sides pins.
Now I looked online to buy a new one, and found some that the seller does not list as compatible for my dryer although it looks the same. Are they all the same or do they have different resistance value so I should look only for the ones for my specific dryer?

Thank you,
Mike

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

http://www.repaircli...mber=MDG3000AWW

00928758.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Whirlpool part number 289374, the identical part used on many other brands.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maytag, neptun, cold air, not drying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics