Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele G858 SCVI Plus Water Leaks

Miele G858 Dishwasher Water Leak Seals Service Manual

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cloudbattles

cloudbattles

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

Attached File  Miele-G858-bottom-panel.jpg   78.31KB   7 downloads
Attached File  Miele-G858-pipe.jpg   23.7KB   6 downloads

Hi,

Have found this forum a wealth of useful information but I am looking for some info prior to me lugging a Miele dishwasher out of it's very tight built-in home!

I had encountered the inlet light coming on and after the usual checks (waterproof unit/drain pump - all clear and functioning) I took off the bottom panel and found the leak float had tripped due to water in the bottom tray.

Having reset the float (by moving it somewhere dry!) I ran the machine and can see dripping from the bottom of the pipe going into the large plastic unit on the bottom right. Although this pipe has clamps either end the water leak appears to be coming from above and running down the pipe. The "above is out of site somewhere on the extreme right of the unit.

Before extracting the machine from it's cabinet I wonder if anyone has a service manual to help me locate where the leak might be. Also any hints for moving the machine forward out of it's cabinet. It sits on what look like lightweight plastic "runners" with adjustable feet at the front and screw cable devices extending to what I guess are adjustable feet at the back?

I have attached photos of the bottom panel area (leak is on the right side) and the pipe which the water is leaking down from further above.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

... Have found this forum a wealth of useful information
... I wonder if anyone has a service manual

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, :whistling:
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

They will commonly leak from the seal in the motor, but up on the side of the unit where your picture was taken there is a chamber for directing water through softener etc. - no access to anything without removal of unit - turn legs and skiis up and slide out, may or may not have to remove inlet depending on hookup
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 cloudbattles

cloudbattles

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

I eventually sorted it out - the leak was coming from the little pump (with the yellow connector) A washer had become calcified and wasn't sitting well. I cleaned the washer but this didn't improve the leak but the addition of a similar washer of half the thickness did the trick.

On the photo you can also see what looks like limescale plus other grunge build up in the plastic vessel. Is there any way of cleaning this (kettle descaler?) to avoid future blockages - I suspect replacing the plastic unit would be a very expensive Miele spare part.

Thanks

Attached Files

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Doesn't look that bad - keep your Salt Chamber full
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Miele G858, Dishwasher, Water Leak, Seals, Service Manual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics