Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchen Aid Gas Cooktop is Locked / Model KFGU766VSS

gas cooktop gas valve locked

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave in TN

Dave in TN

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

I have a KitchenAid Architect Series II Gas 5-Burner cooktop. My wife removed all of the knobs and burner parts to clean it. When she reinstalled everything, the "lock" light came and none of the burners work. When you push and hold the lock button, the unit beeps three times and a small blue light on the indicator for the left rear (smallest) burner is briefly illuminated. The manual states that this is an indicator that the burner is still on preventing the unit from unlocking. However, I have turned the knob for that burner to the off position several times with no luck. I even unplugged the unit for 15 seconds and replugged it with the same result. I also removed and replaced the two burner parts, again with no change. The only difference with this burner I can detect is that there is slightly more resistance in turning the knob, but that was probably the case before my wife cleaned the cooktop.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

MODEL NUMBER ???
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

It's in his topic title, Brother kdog: KFGU766VSS

The 3 beeps mean the unit thinks one of the cooktop burners is on, specifically, the rear left one. The switch for that burner probably got wet during the cleaning. Remove the knob and use a hair dryer on low heat to dry out the switch as best you can. Once it's dry, the unit should be able to be unlocked.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

Oops - I guess I was looking in the Blue header and content (where it USED to be) - didn't scroll up enough :blush:
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 Dave in TN

Dave in TN

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for the input Master Samurai! My wife called me about 10 minutes after my post to report that the unit had miraculously become unlocked without any further human intervention, which seems to confirm your analysis that the switch became wet and needed to dry out.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

:thumbsup: :samurai: :rocker:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics