Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Unclewigging

Kenmore Deep Freezer- outside walls burning hot- HELP

6 posts in this topic

I have a kenmore chest type deep freeze and I recently started storing bags of ice in it as my ice machine made too much- so I bagged it and put it in the deep freeze. Now I notice that the exterior wall of my freezer is very hot and uncomfortable to put your hand on. At first I thought it was a defrost cycle- but its been that way for a week now and I am concerned.

Is there an issue with story ice in a freezer? Does it trigger a defrsot cycle or is something shot?

Thanks in advance for help and insight.

By the way, the freezer is working fine and stay cold. Just the outside walls are hot.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Asking for our help without providing a model number is like calling 911 for help without providing your address. Due to technology, an emergency team may eventually show up at your house. Here, all you may get is the sound of crickets. ie help us help you.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

the Psychic Network is off-line today.

and I can't see your model number from here

because my eyesight isn't as good as it once was,

see (RegUS_PatOff

)

Have you guys seen the new topic page, where you compose a new topic? You just cannot avoid seeing the big reminders for including the MODEL NUMBER. I can only conclude that our feckless unclewigging has chosen to ignore the instructions to include his model number.

OK, OK- I will post the model number. Yes, I saw where it asked for it but did not include because a) its not in my primary residence and wont be able to get the model until my next trip to the property and B) because I thought the question was general in nature. ie. can you store ice in a deep freeze; is it normal for the exterior wall of deep freeze to get really hot and stay hot, etc.

I will post the model number asap. Thanks- and remember, I am but a grasshopper.

... can you store ice in a deep freeze

... is it normal for the exterior wall of deep freeze to get really hot and stay hot

1) depends on the temperature of the Freezer ...

2) depends if that model has an exterior Condenser Coil and / or Condenser Fan

or if the Condenser Coils are built into the back wall and / or side walls

If the Compressor is ruinning "forever" because of a bad Door Gasket

or a leak in the Sealed System,

then the Compressor and Condenser Coils will be overworked..

Define "hot" ... if you put the palm of your hand on the surface ...

how many seconds can you count ?

OR use a infrared (laser) thermometer