Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

handymanbob

Lid switch problem/Whirlpool LSQ9549PW3

6 posts in this topic

More times than not, my washer will not begin to wash unless I give the far left corner of the lid a good smack. Seems that the lid switch is bad, but unlike my earlier model washer, this one does not have the easily accessible switch at the front of the washer (that you could just push down with a pen). Obviously, smacking the washer around isn't the right thing to do, so I need to fix it. I don't know if the switch is broke, or if there is some kind of actuating lever (or whatever) that may be out of alignment.

Where is the switch, how do I get to it, and how hard is it to replace?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Many times---the 2 phillips screws on the left-side of the LID are loose---causing erratic spin cycle function.

Before ordering a new LID SWITCH ASSY---try tightening both of those screws---test the spin cycle again.

1 person likes this

Thanks John.

It looks like you may be on to something. The screws on the lid, which looked like they were tight, required a couple of turns to tighten down. Once they were tightened, I could hear a loud, discernible "click" when I opened and closed the lid. The washer is running now, and seems to be working OK. I'll know for sure after a few more loads, but so far so good...

Edited by handymanbob

Just another note on this subject: If the lid has been "caved in" from heavy objects or from using it as a ladder it can affect the lid switch operation. Sounds like you got it licked. :bigcoffee: