Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag mdb6709aws0 dishwasher inop.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

Hello all. Of course after not buying the service contract for my Maytag dishwasher it decided to quit working 2 months after the year was up. I always use the "Autoclean Plus" option and was able to do so up until about 2 weeks ago. At that point I couldn't use that option anymore because when I pressed that part of the control panel, it would not light up. I could however use heavy, normal, light, or rinse only and the machine would run. Now none of the "cycle" buttons light up when pressed so I can't run any cycles but I still can press all of the tough scrub plus, hi temp wash, heated dry, sanitize, and delay hour buttons and they work and light up.

I scoured the internet and this site and can't find anything for repair/service info on this washer. At Maytag's site they have the owners manual and install manual but no service info. I have unplugged the unit for various times seeing if I could reset it but it continues to not work. I also looked for a wiring diagram/troubleshooting piece of paper in the bottom of the washer but can't find anything. Any ideas?

DH

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

Sounds like a flaky touchpad, or the ribbon connectors thereof

http://appliantology...-special-perks/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

Checking keyswitch contacts:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
Remove connector P1 from the control board.
Using the table below,
http://appliantology...-ii-dishwasher/
measure the resistance across the switch when the key is pressed.
NOTE: The meter must be connected with the proper polarity.
This test will not work on models with a “touch sensor” type user interface.
The resistance reading should go from infinity (open circuit) with the key open
down to a readable Ω level with the key pressed.
The level may be different depending on your meter, since there is a diode in the circuit.
If available, you could use the “Diode Test” function of a digital meter,
which will give a voltage to turn on the diode in the circuit.
➔If any switches fail this test, replace the console panel/keypad assembly.
➔If all switches test OK, replace the machine control board.

KeyPad assembly
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1549642

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

OK, I got the control panel out and checked the buttons out and most of the right-side (options) buttons had continuity when I pressed them. None of the (cycles) buttons had continuity at all. I removed the buttons "cover" to take a look at the circuit board to see if there was any ketchup seepage or anything that looked out of the ordinary and it looked fine. Has anyone ever attempted to peel back the plastic cover to clean the contact buttons on the circuit board? I see there are diodes on there as well I wonder if any of those went bad.

Oh well, looks as if I'm gonna have to buy a control panel for $94. I damn mad that I just paid $525 for the dishwasher in May-June of last year and now it needs a part already. I thought Maytag was a good name too and I thought by buying it that I would somewhat be supporting the US-Michigan jobs/economy. I had heard they make a lot if not all of the stuff in Mexico after I bought it now too so who knows. I'll call their customer service and see if they can do anything for me.

OK, I'm off the soap box now! Thanks for the help guys!

DH

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

OK, I'm off the soap box now!

:soapbox:
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

W10240046 Black
W10240047 White
W10240048 Biscuit

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 04 September 2011 - 07:00 PM.
added links to part numbers

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

Thanks Sensei!

Sensei is wise, Sensei is great!!

DH

#8 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

Update!! I wrote Maytag a nice letter explaining my dishwasher issues and faxed it along with a copy of the store receipt from June of last year last Wednesday, Of course i don't hear anything so i called up their "customer service" number tonight and they said I didn't receive my fax last week. I faxed it from the Ann Arbor Staples and have the receipt and the fax confirmation that it did go through. So anyway the first guy I talked to says the best they COULD do is POSSIBLY send out a repairman (which i would have to pay the approx. $125 service call) and then they MIGHT cover the part. I told them why should I do that if I can get the part shipped to my door here in Michigan for $109? They said that's the only way i could get the part for free and then I asked to speak to a supervisor and then explained the whole story over to them and they told me the same thing. At that point I told them that the dishwasher has now been down for the last 2-3 weeks with no part in sight and they said "sorry" and then I told them I was sorry too I bought a Maytag and that now I was going to go on all of the appliance forums I could think of to expose them and also tell everyone I know to RUN away from Maytag appliances. What a crock of shi#!!

These sorry bastards move their production to Mexico and this seems to be the quality they have now! I promptly ordered the part from Repairclinic.com for $109 and will put this whole ordeal to bed.

A word to the wise....

DH

#9 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Wow! Dirty Harry pulled out his rod. Well done but Maytag didn't flinch. They probably get hundreds of those calls every day. It's part of their training and the consumer gets F'd in the A again. :urinate:

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

These sorry bastards move their production to Mexico and this seems to be the quality they have now! I promptly ordered the part from Repairclinic.com for $109 and will put this whole ordeal to bed.

Wow, this country really is turning into a third-world, jerk-water, stasi-state banana republic. Welcome to the End of America; say hello to Ameedika, Inc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-BIVWlc7A&feature=player_embedded

#11 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

Update!! I ordered the front panel September 12th after receiving absolutely NO assistance whatsoever from Maytag and the KICKER is the part may not be in until the first week of October!!! So the dishwasher is going to be out of service for between 6-8 weeks! GOTTA love it! The thing was just made last year and it takes 3-4 weeks to get a replacement part..

American business is SO awesome these days!!!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to test the touchpanel keyswitch contacts in a Maytag MDB dishwasher

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 04 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

Master Reg lays out the drill:

Checking keyswitch contacts:

Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
Remove connector P1 from the control board.
Using the table...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics