Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Guest kailykle

Kenmore Gas Oven

5 posts in this topic

Have a fairly old gas range- Kenmore model 911.6098310.  So old....still has an analog clock. Anyway, when I set the oven to 300 degrees, the cheap little oven clock I bought at Walmart last night displays 550 degrees.  It appears as though, regardless of the temperature setting, the stove heats up to 550 degrees.  I'm thinking some sort of temperature regulator problem....any suggestions for a final diagnosis......replacement parts, installation, and where to purchase? Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like your thermostat has gone ka-poot, let me see if it is available....;)

Shows it in the breakdown, however ref # 25 shows the thermostat, but the description says wire shield.  Might want to call Sears to see if this is available.  There is an error in their reference page on line, shows this to be made around May of 1983.

We just bought the house, but it was built in 1984.  It is very possible that 1983 is the correct production date:).  Thanks for the help.....looks like I'll be contacting Sears to see if they have the thermostat available for that model.  Thanks again!

Sears says part #324757 is not available (oven temperature control) Click on real person below and maybe the good people at Repair Clinic can help you with a universal themostat