Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bigwill50

Tappan range Tgf363aud

15 posts in this topic

On my Tappan range the oven just stop working and no heat all of a sudden. Im think that the igniter went bad but when i look at the manual i see two igniter. Im not sure where should I start to look any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

OK, the boiler still works just not the bake.I took the oven apart and notice that bake ingnitor looked as if it was fried. I place an order for a replacement part but my question is; Do i have to splice the wire together it did not look like a plug and play action.

... Do i have to splice the wire together ...

yes, ceramic Wire Nuts included)

(as shown in picture)

OK, the ignitor arrived today and I installed it and it still did not work. Can i possible have a bad part or is there a way of testing it to see if its really defective.

The Ignitor should stay "glowing" anytime the Gas / Flame is ON.

Did the old and/or new Ignitor "glow" during that time OR at all ??

It did not glow at all....so did the old one, but boiler does work.

It did not glow at all....so did the old one,

:kopkrab:

neither old nor new one "glowed" ?

with Range Power Cord un-plugged from Wall Outlet,

measure resistance from each side of Ignitor to the Neutral pin of the Power Cord.

may be about 400 OHMs or more.

middle well middle is ground and should terminate to the same place.

Edited by AppGuy

Im not the smartest guy around appliance, but i do have some hands on exp. where exactly do I have to measure for resistance and if its not 400 what is the possible cause.

Here's a typical diagram of the range power cord power block. This is where the power cord connects to the range.

RANGE204-WIRE_CORD_CONNECTION_250.jpg

If you don't get 400ohms, them either the ignitor is broken, connected wrong, or there's some other wiring problem in the range.

OK, so if get 400ohms or more the power supply is ok if not the ignitior is probably broken or the power supply connection is bad.. The old ignitor i took out should it have still glow orange or not because it did not.. The installation of the new is it possible to be be connected wrong by cutting the old one off and splicing the new one on. Should it be mounted on a certain way. Thanks for all your help.

OK, so if get 400ohms or more the power supply is ok if not the ignitior is probably broken or the power supply connection is bad.

This statement reveals to me that I must make the following recommendation because you may cause to harm to the appliance or yourself:

Call a professional appliance tech to troubleshoot this problem for you.

Here's a typical diagram of the range power cord power block.

...TGF363AUD Tappan Gas range :whistling:

should be about 400 OHMs between one or the other of the Ignitor wires to the Neutral (large, flat) Pin of the 120v Power Cord