Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GWL11 - FisherPaykel - Pump and now no power

GWL11 F&P Fisher Paykel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Frostykev

Frostykev

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

So I have an older GWL11, using the diagnostics I found that the pump was blocked or had a problem. This is the scenario, the pump would drain part of the load, but then stop, and a bad smell. This was reproduced in the diagnostics mode, where the pump would work for a while then stop pumping and smell. So I removed the pump and found a nice potential blockage (hairpin)

Now the problem is when I put it back together no power, zip, nada. My fear is that the pump shorted the main board out. However, I'm not sure if there is any way for me to test the main board since it doesn't appear to power up. Yes the plug has power. I opened it up and didn't spot a fuse, any idea if this has a user replaceable fuse?

Repair went from a 90 pump to a 90 pump plus a 150 board. Not the greatest design. . . (vent over)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

If the board is dead, then the board is dead ... that's about it.

There is a fuse on the board. Soldered, not intended to be field-replaceable, also on the premise that if the fuse blows then some other components on the board may be damaged. However, I've run across a couple enterprising individuals who tried replacing the blown fuse. One apparently was successful. The other had further problems ... maybe, maybe not related to the board.

It's crucial on these machines to NOT ignore or futz with pump problems, give them immediate attention.

Also to note ... my GWL08, 12-years-old, just now developed a leaky pump. My IWL12, exactly 1 month shy of 7 years (same vintage as your GW11) is as yet running the original pump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics