Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ghw9100lw1 washer will not function after replacing door latch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pg2

pg2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

I just replaced the boot on this washer and did not disconnect the power when doing so though I did not have to tamper with any electrical parts at this point. When I went to plug this back in I received no response from the control panel. I then checked the door latch and in the process ended up breaking the spring mechanism so I replaced the latch but still no response on the control panel. I noticed that there was no clicking in the CCU when I plug the unit into the socket so I tried replacing the CCU. When I first plugged the unit back in, I heard a click and the "add garment" light was lit and the "lock" light was blinking then the unit started to perform some kind of a cycle. The control panel would not respond to any action. I let the brief 30 second cycle run and the lights remained as stated. I then opened the door and then closed it and the lights went out. Now, I have no response on the control panel and no clicking when I plug the unit in. I was told previously to check the wiring on the door latch but there is only one way in which this can be wired so now I am not sure what to check. Any guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,238 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Another poster had found a bad wire on the grey cable the runs from the CCU to the control panel from laying on the drum.

Check the gray wire harness that runs from the CCU to the control panel. It's not uncommon to find one of the wires in there broken. Could be along the length of it or at either end where it connects. Use your meter to check continuity of each wire in that harness.

#3 pg2

pg2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for the reply Samurai. I have checked the continuity along each wire in this harness as well as those between the door latch and the CCU and there were no bad connections. Any further thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics