Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeBoogie

Gas Dryer heat cycles only once - Whirlpool LGN2000KQ1

7 posts in this topic

Hello all

My gas dryer isn't staying hot through the entire dry cycle. I removed the vent and started the dryer.

- the ignitor glows, the gas valves click, and the flame lights

- the flame is on for approx 4mins

- vent temp gets up to about 155 degrees F (using a meat thermometer at the end of the vent)

- the flame is turned off and temp drops to around 140 degrees

- the ignitor glows again, but there is no click sound from the gas valves

- the ignitor times out and retries and tries and tries. no clicks or flame.

So i experimented. I shut it off and restarted the dryer.

- I let it run the first heat cycle again,

- when it failed to cycle a second time, I opened the dryer door to stop the dryer, turned the timer all the way around 360 degrees, and hit start.

- the dryer started back up the same way, got flame and up to temp ok. But the gas still doesnt flow on the second cycle.

The gas valves were replaced almost a year ago to fix a NO heat NO flame concern

What should i test next, or is it an obvious concern? I was thinking of checking the operating or high temp thermostats, but not sure how to.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The gas valves were replaced almost a year ago to fix a NO heat NO flame concern

You said 'Gas Valves' were replaced, do you mean 'Gas Valve Coils'?

Not common for coils to fail that soon again, but it sure sounds like they have and new things

do fail.

You're right, wrong term. I had replaced the gas valve coils a year ago.

Replaced the gas valve coils again and the problem was fixed. Guess i ruled them out too soon seeing as how they were recently replaced. Thankfully they came with a lifetime warranty, just hope I dont have to keep doing this!

Thanks again!!!!

In the last 18 years that I've been doing appliance repair I can only remember one set of new coils failing on me, they failed in less than a week!!!!!

Are "today's" new Coils made better ?

various manufacturers ?

Not sure if it explains it, but the Made in Mexico sticker was hard to take off!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0