Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
gtsecc

Change from Gas to Propane on Range Electrolux EW30DS65GS

9 posts in this topic

Does this look like the burners need to be adjusted?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If you changed from natural gas to LPG ...yes this needs to be converted.

call electrolux...some of these units were designated non-convertible...must come from the factory preset for the proper gas :o

Well, I implied that I changed, but really, this is a new install.

Before I go about fixing it, I am simply trying to determine if it is broken.

Ok let's start over...what type of gas system is this unit on? Nat or LP?

what gas was the stove set for from the factory? (Usually Nat unless otherwise noted)

Just judging by the video...I would guess you are on a LP system but the stove is set for Nat. Gas...

My house is on LP.

The contractor installed the stove.

I have no way of knowing if they did anthing or not as I have found him to have been dishonest about some things.

I posted the video in the hopes that someone familliar with what it should look like could say that it does or does not look correct.

That burner is not operating correctly. And since this is happening to all the burners, and given that you're running LPG, it's a slam dunk that the stove burners were not converted to burn LPG. Contractors are famous for screwing that up.

Next step is to locate the conversion kit for your range, assuming one exists. I'll do some poking around and see what I can find.

Just judging by the video...I would guess you are on a LP system but the stove is set for Nat. Gas...

That would be me saying it does not look correct...

maybe the boss can let ya know whether or not this unit can be converted...

Don't forget about the oven burner..........it has to be converted also.