Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MikeCaldwell

Frigidaire E47 problem

6 posts in this topic

I am getting an E47 error code and have pulled the latch assembly out, Where do I check it for ohms?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I feel a haiku coming on. Wait for it... Wait for it...

Friggidaire washer

E47, no spin.

Replace the lid switch

Thanks for the instructions to remove the latch but I already did that. what I need to know is where exactly should I be getting the ohms reading from on the latch if that matters at all. I have the meter to test it with just want to make sure I am testing at the proper spot/terminals. I have put the meter on it and assuming it is the proper spot I get a reading of 1329 ohms.

Thanks, Mke

Any reading you get will be misleading or a meaningless waste of time. But, if you have time to kill, the see the wiring diagram in the tech sheet.

Or just replace the door latch and go on with life.

Part link to the door switch assembly ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/131763202/1531974

Thank you for your insight, That is a much better option than the board as far as my wallet is concerned!

Door latch received & replaced today & all is back to normal again!

I shall go on with life now!

Thank you!