Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Slamcrash

GE front load washer WCVH6260Fww

13 posts in this topic

I replaced the door latch assembly no problem ....... now when I try to run the washer it goes into a countdown mode( it shows the normal amount of time to run a load of laundry but it has a decimal point in the number displayed ) it also displays what cycle it is in i.e. wash, rinse & spin. The count down only take 15 to 30 seconds depending on the wash setting . not sure if it is in diagnostic mode or something.

I have tried unplugging the washer for an hour or so that did not clear the problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Try putting the control into diagnostic mode to see if it will respond to that.

I tried that it won't go into diagnostic mode (push delay start ,signal, delay start , signal is what I tried)

I replaced the door latch assembly no problem ....... now when I try to run the washer it goes into a countdown mode

Did this problem appear immediately after you replaced the door latch or were you just including that for historical information?

Yes it did right after replacing the door latch .......its really weird

Did you kill power to-- unplug-- the washer before you replaced the door latch assembly?

that I'm not sure about I don,t remember if it was unplugged or not because that would sometimes clear up the problem with the door latch

I should have asked this in the last post .... i read about lock out in the forum could you explain it ..... I believe that where you are going with your last post

thanks

I'm thinking you fried the user interface board when you replaced the door latch assembly without first unplugging the washer.

OK if I did that is there any way to make sure that the UI board is gone and if it is how hard an expensive is it to replace ?

The procedure I have for diagnostic mode is:

- unplug the washer

- within 30 seconds after plugging it in, press Signal - Delay -Signal - Delay

If it still won't go into diagnostic mode, then the user interface is suspect.

Due to the paucity of detailed tech info on the user interface board itself, about the only way to tell if the board is bad is on a functional basis. Yours appears to be bad. Fortunately, it's not a huge risk proposition; replace the user interface board and if it doesn't fix it, return it for a refund!

Part link ==> Control Board

Is the any way to post a video on this site .....thtat way you can see what it is doing?

Is the any way to post a video on this site .....thtat way you can see what it is doing?

post video to YouTube

the post link here