Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

mada

GE Monogram Fridge - is freezing. ZISS420MRESS

8 posts in this topic

My monogram fridge has a freezer temp of 0 and a fridge temp of 23 -- is freezing everything in my fridge and ruining beer. Anyone feel like helping me troubleshoot this? Non-frozen beer goes to the first one to figure it out!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This one is pretty simple...betcha the damper door is broken off it hinge.

to access,remove the light lens and frame from the top of the fridge compartment...carefully disassemble the Styrofoam housing at the top left corner...may need to cut the silicon with a box knife to assist in this.

feast yer squintys on the black damper door inside...is it laying askew, broken off the hinge?

well there you are!

Thanks KurtiusInterupptus. I think someone else had that same idea -- prior to me going in to that Styrofoam box to check out the doggie door... you could tell it was rebuilt and resealed.

That little door was not off the hinges and was actually working correctly (open the door and it closes, close the door and it opens, but I saw something that might have been causing an air leak. Seems someone has been in there before and when they put back the first piece of styrofoam (closest to the left, and the door), It looked like a pretty nice blobert of silicone was there keeping it from making a nice seal. I'm hoping that was it.

I cleared the silicone booger and set it all up with a nice pearly white silicone seal. I guess, I'll leave it alone for a few hours and come back and inspect.

I'll let you know how it goes!

that was it - the stryofoam was all jacked up and causing a significant air leak. Plugged it all up and viola! 0/38.

Nice work! Way to take direction and then adapt to what you are actually seeing to address the issue at hand...need a job?LOL!

Ha! Thanks man! - you really helped me dial it in. How do I buy you a beer?

never did setup a donation page...just forward it to the samurai!