Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Door lock problem with a Bosch WFVC3300UC/19 series washer

bosch door lock 300

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Select 55....I know, pretty lightweight

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hi All- Wondering if I could get some advice on my Bosch 300 series washer. The door is locked with clothes in it and an error code shows up whenever I turn it to a cycle. It doesn't have a number for the error code, just "E:"

What happened last night was that when the cycle was finished the door locked clicked a few times then finally unlocked but this morning it clicked a few times and didn't unlock...the thing just started beeping with the E: on the display. The cycle was complete and all the water is drained out.

I have checked the drain for clogs, I have turned it off at the breaker then back on...still the same thing.

This is an emergiency because all of my teenage son's boxers are in the washer RIGHT NOW!!

So, my questions are:

1) How do I access the emercency door unlocker?

2) Will I need to replace the door lock?

3) Is my husband going to know that I probably wrecked it by cramming too many clothes in and expecting the thing to shut?...maybe not if I can get it fixed before he gets home :)

Sorry I couldn't get a model number from the inside of the door....I CAN'T GET IT OPEN!!! grrr

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Is there a round plastic cover on the bottom right of the lower front panel? remove this and behold your manual latch release...

These models are known to have a gimpy water level switch. To get by until replacement, remove the top cover (3 screws on back) and locate pressure switch, the one with the black skinny hose running to in.
some times, a swift blow with the butt of a screwdriver will unstuck the contacts and allow it to work until ya can get a replacement...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

My washer has a panel across the whole bottom front. I can sort of get it off to access the drain pump area but can't see the latch release like I've seen in pictures of other similar washers.

I'm working on getting the top cover off but need to go find a screwdriver with the right head....it's almost like they don't want amateurs like me to get in there -lol

#4 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

Yeppers...run to hardware and get ya a set of Torx bits...some call them star bits.
Several more of those are holding that access panel on the bottom. Have a helper lean it back while you remove those, installed at a slight angle...

#5 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

Actually, I was able to get the screws out with a small allen wrench...I tapped what I believe is the water level switch (its a round plastic thing with yellow and white plastic pieces plugged into it and a small black hose going into it). Didn't seem to help. Also, once I got the cover off I could see the dook lock and a long plastic piece hanging down toward the drain pump. Unfortunately when I tried to reach in from the top to grab it , it came unhooked from the lock :(

#6 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

Messed around until I found the latch release. I'm still getting the error message. Wondering if it's the door latch assembly that needs to be replaced.

#7 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Cool...got it open. Now...see if ya can remove the press. Switch from the machine and realty knock the crap out of it (don't break it dho ) reinstall and try a rinse and spin cycle to see if it works...

#8 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the help. Can't hide it from hubby as I'm sure he'll notice the washer pulled out with the top off and the door hanging wide open....but at least the underwear were liberated :) Have to head to town to get a door lock tomorrow.

#9 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

And post that model # :-)

#10 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

whoa, just saw your reply...I'll try that ... hopefully it will work and I can put the door lock back on

#11 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Model number is WFVC3300 UC/19

#12 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

I couldn't get the pressure sensor out but I did whack at it pretty hard but still the same...how do I know if it is the pressure sensor or the lock itself that is causing the problem?

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Here's the easy way to play this:

- Buy both the pressure sensor and door latch assembly.

- Install the pressure sensor first per Master Kurtius' insightful recommendation.

- If that fixes it, great-- return the door latch assembly for a refund.

- If that does not fix it, install the old pressure sensor and then install the new door latch. You can return the pressure sensor for a refund.

Part links:

Pressure sensor ==> http://www.repaircli.../648529/1561176

Door latch assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...r=WFVC3300UC-19

#14 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

Went to the appliance store where I bought it with the pressure sensor and dock lock and they ordered BOTH parts for replacement -no questions asked. Still under warranty so no charge for me. I just have to wait a couple of days for them to come in.

Thanks to all for the help. I'll be busy doing laundry for a few days when the parts come in. 4 kids + no washer for a week = huge pile of clothes :(

#15 stockelc66

stockelc66

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Back again :( So I got my pressure sensor and door lock and installed them and I'm STILL having the same problem. Every time I turn the washer on I get the beeping and the " E: " - no number, just the error message. Unfortunately the appliance guy is off most of the weekend so I'm hoping for any further guidance so I can get my washer going. Where should I look next?

#16 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

That sucks...unfortunately , the only thing to do is wait on the tech at this point...
sounds like it may be a control board problem...you mentioned late in the thread that this unit is still in warranty? That's good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics