Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

paulaccardo

Whirlpool Washer LSQ8200HQ0 - Can I do Lid Switch Switch?

4 posts in this topic

Can I use lid switch #3949238 instead of lid switch #3949237 (3949247). It fits and I don't see why not. Something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes. They're all rated for the same working voltage. As long as the electrical connections go together, you're good to go. I've been known to splice in new electrical harnesses. But that's a nasty rumor!

3949238 ... at first glance... it seems shorter..

and costs more

The 3949238 will not have long enough wires to fit your machine if it calls for the 3949247, (as RegUS noticed the 3949238 has a much shorter wire lead, about 19" compared to about 25" on the other). The only one I stock is the 3949247 because it is the one with longer wires and doesn't cost as much as the other one.

When installing on one that uses the shorter wires I just swap the original short protective tubing from the original switch to the new switch and the the little bit of extra wire is wrapped into a loop and clipped into the wire retainer clip on the rear ledge of the body.

EDITED to correct part#

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair