Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Performa PAV2300AWW Won't Spin

Spin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Notyetwise

Notyetwise

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Blue Moon

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hi,
I have a Maytag Performa PAV2300AWW Washing machine. It seems to work fine until the spin cycle. Won't spin...nothing. Drains the water though.

The thrust bearing has been replaced.
The lid switch is working.
The belts look fine (no cracks, shinyness on the business side, they look new)
The transmission pully (the biggest one) turns easily by hand, feels good.
Removed the tub to see if anything wedged in between, but nothing there.
Motor runs (agitated fine). Does this motor run in both directions? Maybe one direction is not working?
Cannot turn the tub by hand, not an inch!
Is it the tranny? Help!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Notyetwise

Notyetwise

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

More info...

Turning the Trans Pully CCW will turn but very stiff. Seems as if the break is not disengaging.

I took a look at athe trust bearing and when turning CCW the cam olny reaches the Min Pulley Hub reference mark. The spacing washer is the thin one. I tried to put the thicker washer on and it's not even close to fitting, can't get the C-ring in. I did pull the shaft down as far as it would go to try to get it to fit, but no way. Does this new kit (12002213) fit this washer?

#3 Notyetwise

Notyetwise

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

When the cam engages how does it disengage the brake? Doesn't this have a real heavy duty spring in it?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

Howdy, Notyet. Sublime Master appl.tech offers some pearls of wisdom on this problem here: http://appliantology...tis-mavt754eww/

And here's some info on checking and adjusting the brake: Checking and Adjusting the Brake in a Maytag MAV or PAV Top-Loading Washer

Make sure there's nothing stuck between the inner basket and outer tub as this is a common cause for no spin in these machines. More here: Diagnosing a No-Spin Problem on a Maytag Performa or Atlantis Top-Loading Washing Machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics