LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Washer WCSR4170G2WW

jambatt

Green LED was visible and blinking normal. Then the Blob started to ooze out around the two capacitors shown in the picture and slowly engulfed the LED and is no longer visible. Looks like expanding foam insulation. The really weird thing is the machine seems to be working OK. Anyone got any ideas what the Blob is?

post-16013-0-32195100-1315866983_thumb.j

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Those caps have spilled their guts! Common fail part on these boards. You need to replace the motor-inverter board assembly ==> Motor

• Team Samurai

Could be a game of Russian Roulette.

Are you sure that's not some kinda bugz nest? Did you poke around in there? Let's see a purdier pitcher like Master Reg done said.

Sorry, only have a phone cam, Ain't no bug nest. Wasn't there when I first checked the green LED. Blinkin' normal. A coupla' minutes later and the Blob was there. Like I said, It looks and feels like foam insulation. Beats the hell outta' me. Will let you know if units finally gives up the ghost.

Are you saying the blob occurred right before your very eyes??????

Or just it for sure wasn't there one minute then the next time you looked at it, (in the same visit while working on machine), the blob was there?

Sorry guys, I guess I'm hallucinatin' again. Had another unit today and it appears GE is using some type of foam insulation around the bottom of the capacitors where they attach to the board. Never noticed it on the earlier models. Must be relivin' the 60's. Gettin' old ain't for sissies.

Archived