Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JennAir F1 code on halloween (spooked...comes and goes)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dhitchco

dhitchco

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:27 PM

Ok,
now I'm getting really Samurai mad!

My JennAir wall oven (W131B series 13) was doing the infamous F1 code beeping.

So....I followed your excellent advice here and unplugged the ribbon cable between the membrane switch and the clock boards. The F1 stopped.

So, I ordered the new membrane panel. It arrived in a couple of weeks and the F1 code NEVER re-appeared in the 2 weeks while waiting for the part and NEVER re-appeared in the past 2 weeks since I received the part.

So....I was ready to return the part, when the damned F1 beep came back.

Now, I've used the oven intermittentely in the past month and have run a cleaning cycle once. The power did fail the other day, so please tell me that I should indeed proceed with replacing the membrane panel.

This is spooky!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:02 AM

Your TP (Membrane, glass panel, etc.) is damaged. The code will start to come back more and more frequently. I have consumers who have put up with the code for months at a time before they broke down and let me install the part. The choice is up to you. You know how Murphy's law is. You return it, the price will go up or they will sell the last one and the part will me no longer available. You hold on to it, it will never do it. The part is bad and the code will come back 
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics