Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How to replace door hinges on KUDP02FRBL1 Kitchen Aid dishwasher?

dishwasher kitchen aid door hinge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frunch

frunch

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:River Horse Hipp-O-Lantern Pumpkin Ale

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Hello fellow appliantologists!

I am fixing a Kitchen Aid dishwasher (model#: KUDP02FRBL1) that broke the spring cables(as they all do!), but in this case the door dropped down and bent a hinge (as far as I can tell). The hinges had apparently been rubbing or binding before the problem occured. The door has a wooden trim panel on the front that must add a good 15 pounds or more to the weight of the door, so I figure that had partly to do with the problem. At this point, the right side of the door is higher than the left side, preventing the door from closing. Looking closer at the hinges, it looks like the right hinge popped off the round protrusion that it hinges on(part of the dishwasher's frame?)

Anyhow, I'm planning on replacing the pulleys and cables for the door springs, and replacing the hinges while I'm at it. I have never changed the hinges before, and was wondering if anyone can point me to a walkthrough of the job or give me some info on how the door hinge replacement is performed.

I have lots of experience with these dishwashers, but that is one thing I haven't done on them yet.

Thanks for any and all advice!
Trevor

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Only thing that makes this job tricky at all is that you usually can't see what the cable routing is supposed to look like after it's already broken. But here's a purdy pitcher that'll hepya:

Posted Image

And here's the part link for the replacement cable assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...&PartID=1059756

#3 frunch

frunch

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:River Horse Hipp-O-Lantern Pumpkin Ale

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for your help, Samurai! Unfortunately, it appears the hinges themselves--where the end of the cable closest to the left side in your picture attaches--is also bent or broken. The black metal part that is connected to the door(the hinge I'm assuming it would be called). Any advice how to replace those as well? To quote myself, here's what I found: the right side of the door is higher than the left side, preventing the door from closing. Looking closer at the hinges, it looks like the right hinge popped off the round protrusion that it hinges on(part of the dishwasher's frame?)

I can probably find the part numbers to give you a better idea exactly which parts i'm talking about if it helps. Of course, the job i'm referring to may be super-easy, I've just never done it and am hoping to learn how to before I attempt to do it myself.

Thanks for your help!
Trevor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dishwasher, kitchen aid, door hinge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics