Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool DU1145XTPQA dishwasher noisy and clean blinks

clean light noisy run

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

OK, so here's my story. For a long time the top rack in. My quiet partner 2 has not been getting clean. Even simple stuff like a coffee cup. I rewashed and put off doing anything for a long time. Then about a week ago the clean light started blinking. I searched the Internet and found out how to clear that. in searching I also decided to take it apart down to the food chopper and clean that out. I did, and it was disgusting. totally jammed with gunk. Now the dishwasher will clean ALL the dishes! Yay! Thought I had fixed the problem. however, the clean light continues to go into blink mode sometimes, so apparently there is still a problem. I always run the hot water before running the washer.

Now last night I turned it on and after filling quietly when the pump turned on to wash it was alarmingly loud. I stopped the load. this morning I unloaded it and hand washed. I took it apart agin to the chopper to be sure it was clear. it was. I made sure it was engaged with the impeller and put all back together. Ran it a little and it seemed slightly louder than normal but not alarmingly so like last night. Ran light wash this evening and it sounds normal.

So, do I have a pump/ motor That is going out and need to replace the pump assembly (at which point I may just shop for q new dishwasher) Or could it be something to do with just the chopper assembly? And would either of those things cause the clean light blinking? All help appreciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

Model Number ???
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

DU1145XTPQA

#4 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

blinking clean light is a different issue either the heater or high limit is bad.

the noise could be the chopper. remove the chopper a run a load and see if the noise goes away completely.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#5 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

So I have two problems....how bad is the heater or limit to repair? I've noticed thing are still quite wet after the heated dry.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

... after the heated dry.

is it steamy when you open the Door ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Haven't tried. I tend to start it before bed, so it is drying in the middle of the night. I'll try to check.

#8 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Running now without the chopper. Haven't heard any grinding. Will check when it gets to dry...

#9 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

After looking at the chopper part online I definitely need a new one. the hole on mine is large and the shaft does not attach to it at all. I wondered how it was supposed to stay in place! I will check the appliance store in the morning and see if they have it in stock, if not I'll be ordering online. then on to try to figure out problem # 2.

#10 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:55 PM

checked it about 20 minutes into the dry cycle. it was warm and somewhat steamy inside, but not hot and no steam gushing up at me when I opened the door. the plates also were warm, but they ud to be almost too hot to touch if I tried to put them away right after washing. Advice?

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

I will check the appliance store in the morning and see if they have it in stock,

Why Yes, yes we do ...

http://www.repaircli...ber=DU1145XTPQA

00609923.jpg

http://www.repaircli...ber=DU1145XTPQA

00902006.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#12 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:27 AM

Haha, I know it is in stock there. :) I meant the store where I can pick it up today. If they don't I will grab it from you guys though. You think it is the heating element bad? If so, instuctions for replacement would be great. Childlike instructions, not techie instructions! Thanks!

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

I meant the store where I can pick it up today.

Why? Are they helping you with the repair? How do you think the lights stay on here?

#14 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

:) yes, I do appreciate the help. But with 6 of this in this house if I could make the dishwasher work TODAY then I would. however, as I rather expected they do NOT have it in stock, so I'll be ordering it here. can you help me out with the heating element instructions?

#15 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

Parts should be he Wednesday, thanks, hope I can handle the heating element deal. really need to save some $ and not have to call aguy out.

#16 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

The heating element is not difficult, there are nuts attached from under the tub which squeeze the upper grommets down, but it would be a good idea to measure the resistance of the existing element to see if it is actually at fault

#17 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

K. I already ordered anew one. Of course I can return if I don't need it. I saw there was acvideo on how to test it. I'll have to check that out.

#18 Vegaburm

Vegaburm

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

heat coil had no continuity, replaced it, replaced the chopper and the check valve just for good measure. Just ran a cycle, and we have heat again in the dry cycle, no clean light blinking, no weird noises. A little crud in one cup I put in there, hope not to see that in the next wash. We really should be washing well at this point without any crud left behind. This was some coffee grinds and random grit looking stuff.

Of course in the process of replacing these parts I had to find at least one other thing wrong, in this case the water shutoff did not completely shut the water off. Had to replace the shutoff valve. The hose connecting the water to the dishwasher would not connect back without leaking. Had to replace that as well. Think we are leak free now and hopefully running properly. I told my dh that I am now much more familiar with my dishwasher than I ever wanted to be. lol.

Also, the videos on Repair Clinic are awesome! That was so helpful. It was great to actually see it instead of reading directions. Even someone like me could feel confident in these repairs! Thanks so much.

#19 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

:thumbsup: Good job !!

:rock_band:

#20 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

Nice shootin', Hoss! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics