Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire: No water activation but do have ice FRS22ZGG

Water Dispenser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chuck Fasst

Chuck Fasst

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Miller

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

At first it seemed like the switch was sticky. Hard to get water flowing and then not always shutting off right on time. Water flow became les and less and then stopped. When water dispenser switch is activated I feel the solenoid with the Yellow connector activate on the Dual Valve which is downstream from the first dual valve that the groundwater inlet hose is hooked into. There is no water on the other side of this one. It has one inlet and two outlets that immediately "T" together. Both of these valves have a yellow connector and a Green connector to their respective two solenoids. I believe the Yellow one (with yellow wires) is the water.

Shouldn't the yellow solenoid on this one also activate when pushing for water??? Seems like both of these yellow solenoids would have to activate in order to allow flow to the filter and then to the outlet. Am I wrong?

Frigidaire Side by Side Gallery Series FR22ZGG with filter replaced about 3 mos. ago but already looks pretty bad and could be mostly clogged possibly.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

... FR22ZGG

I'm not sure of the Valve colors, but there is a "Dual Diode" that energizes the Main Water Valve
when either the IceMaker Valve OR the Water Disp[enser Valve is energized.
Also, your model number is missing (2) characters at the end

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics