Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Highways

Kitchenaid dishwasher KUDT03STWHO water supply problem

14 posts in this topic

OK here goes....

About 2 months ago I noticed at my dishwasher was pausing at the 43 min mark of the cycle and making a grinding noise.--no water.

I cleaned out the food chopper (toothpick and popcorn kernels) and the flapper valve..perfect problem solved.

2 weeks later same thing so I figure I have this down by now took it all apart but there was nothing there.

I did some research here and though it might me the water control valve. Ordered and installed....I am golden, bragging to my kids about my genius. :rocker:

4 weeks later and now it is at it again....

It fills with water to the pre rinse and do the soil sensing but the the water drains out and leaves a pile of soggy detergent on the bottom while it grinds away empty.

The rinse setting runs perfectly...fills rinses and empties. (i don't think it is the float)

I would appreciate any input or suggestions.

Control panel?

does my dishwasher have a drain solenoid?

Thanks

Mark

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

How is your drain hose routed? Sounds like a siphon is emptying your tub.

is the hose through the floor to a drain in the crawl space?

if so, you need to route the hose under the sink to a drain tailpiece or disposal ...

To illustrate Master Kurtius' insightful recommendation, dishwasher drain hose configurations...

1192073564_5uQGD-L.jpg

has this DishWasher worked OK for you up till now at this location ?

Thanks I forgot to say that the hose is attached so it is above the pump ( approx 4" below the counter top with a hanger) and is not siphoning the water out.

The dishwasher ran fine for 3 years.

... but the the water drains out

... does my dishwasher have a drain solenoid?

.. is not siphoning the water out.

...it has a Drain Motor ... is that running when it shouldn't ?

the motor is defiantly running...a grinding noise.

Is that a control panel function or a stuck valve?

the motor is defiantly running...

the Drain Motor or the Wash Motor ?

If it's the Drain Motor running when it shouldn't..

yes that's a Controller problem

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I will replace the controller.

Part link for your control board ==> Main Control Board

Gentlemen: I can't seem to find a schematic on how to remove the Main control board.

Do you just remove the 4 screws and pry it out.

My Dishwasher has the controlls on the top of the door and not on the front.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Remove the front panel

Good day all..I just wanted to update this thread on the outcome of my problem......

Just some backround, this is my 4th dishwasher in 10 years since I moved into this house. I have had 2 replaced under warrenty after several repair guys replaced several parts so I was pretty mad when this dishwasher started acting up.

I replaced the water control valve, float switch, drain pump and the controll panel with no sucess. After eliminitating all the water supply componets I reasearched the drain hose placement.

How is your drain hose routed? Sounds like a siphon is emptying your tub. is the hose through the floor to a drain in the crawl space? if so, you need to route the hose under the sink to a drain tailpiece or disposal ...

My situation was as KurtiusInterupptus described so all I had left was to reroute my hose to under the sink.

This was a 100% sucess, my dishwasher has never ran so good. I am pretty mad about other repairmen who new exactly how my setup was and said nothing, that is why I replaced all the componets.

The good news is that I will never call another repair guy again but I wish that someday I will learn somthing without it costing me a bunch of money.

Thanks to all the members who helped.

Cheers

Thanks for the followup, highways...glad we could help even if it was a little late...post here first next time, before calling the man.

BTW, I only kmow about this siphon deal because it has bitten me in the ass a couple times so don't be to hard on your repairman...but def let him know about it. If he is smart, he'll thank you!:)