Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire LGHS2665KF0 / ice on evaporator fan

freezer evaporator fan ice frigidaire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bridgstar

bridgstar

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some help with the freezer in my not-very-old Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator. Every few weeks for the past six months or so, enough ice builds up on the evaporator fan to cause a terrible grinding noise. I've gotten pretty good at taking the freezer apart to clear the ice off the fan... but I'm getting tired of this routine and hope to fix the problem instead of continually managing the symptoms.

At first we thought the ice bucket might be getting too full, sending excess water/ice into the back panel. But even when we kept the ice bucket virtually empty, ice still built up on the evaporator fan.

Appreciate any suggestions anyone can provide!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

Is the entire Evaporator Coils frosted evenly, or only partially ?
May need to post a picture somewhere, then post the link here..
Sounds like a Defrost problem (or worse)
If you could use an OHM meter to test the Defrost Heater

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 bridgstar

bridgstar

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

The evaporator coils do not seem to be frosted evenly. I'll take a picture next time I take it apart...

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

Do not know if your problem has been fixed, I ran across a few of these unit with a chunk of ice forming on the rear wall of the freezer near the evap motor...kinda off to the left side.....If you look at the I/M fill tube, half of the fill tube slot is behind the rear panel.......I cover the slot from the panel towards the rear.......The slot should be open from the panel forwards........Discovered that during I/M fill cycle, the water was splashing out of the back half of the slot and running down the back wall and the freezing into a chunk of ice that grows towards the motor....I used HVAC foil tape, the H.D. type. keep us posted......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: freezer, evaporator fan, ice, frigidaire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics