Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
denphillips2

Whirlpool SF385PEGQ 5

5 posts in this topic

Help before the wife strikes!!!!!

We have a Whirlpool range Model # SF385PEGQ    5

Serial # RK2820974

Oven or Broiler does not work.  Broiler clicks loud a couple times when you turn it on.  Click is coming from the gas valve/regulator.  Each click lets out a puff of gas, but not enough to get a flame.   It has full voltage to the spark module.  Don't know what it is suppose to have coming out.

Oven just has a small click at the oven control panel.  Nothing at the gas valve.  Same as broiler with full voltage to the spark module when the control is on.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!!

dennis

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This service pointer might adress your problem but not sure, looks as if your serial number falls within those addressed in this submission from WP.

Thanks for your help!

Do you want to try again?  I got than new bake burnner/igniter, and installed it.  Still doing the same thing. 

I think it may be in the spark module, but don't want to spend a $100 on that if I don't have to.  Does anyone have any info on what the voltages are suppose to be coming out of the spark module?  Or maybe diagnostic check list?

Thanks!!!!

Dennis

Not really, here is your tech sheet, suppose you could have a bad bake gas valve.  This sheet does not give  values that I can see.....all we can do is guess in here as cannot actually see your range..

I have that folded up on the back of the range.  Was hoping for more detailed information...........

Thanks for trying! 

Let me know if you come up with anything else!

dennis