Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool SF385PEGQ 5

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 denphillips2

denphillips2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

Help before the wife strikes!!!!!

We have a Whirlpool range Model # SF385PEGQ    5

Serial # RK2820974

Oven or Broiler does not work.  Broiler clicks loud a couple times when you turn it on.  Click is coming from the gas valve/regulator.  Each click lets out a puff of gas, but not enough to get a flame.   It has full voltage to the spark module.  Don't know what it is suppose to have coming out.

Oven just has a small click at the oven control panel.  Nothing at the gas valve.  Same as broiler with full voltage to the spark module when the control is on.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!!

dennis

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:40 PM

This service pointer might adress your problem but not sure, looks as if your serial number falls within those addressed in this submission from WP.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 denphillips2

denphillips2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for your help!

Do you want to try again?  I got than new bake burnner/igniter, and installed it.  Still doing the same thing. 

I think it may be in the spark module, but don't want to spend a $100 on that if I don't have to.  Does anyone have any info on what the voltages are suppose to be coming out of the spark module?  Or maybe diagnostic check list?

Thanks!!!!

Dennis

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

Not really, here is your tech sheet, suppose you could have a bad bake gas valve.  This sheet does not give  values that I can see.....all we can do is guess in here as cannot actually see your range..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 denphillips2

denphillips2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:27 PM

I have that folded up on the back of the range.  Was hoping for more detailed information...........

Thanks for trying! 

Let me know if you come up with anything else!

dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics