Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Skippy424242

GE double electric oven JTP27BOA5BB temperature issue

3 posts in this topic

The lower oven on my GE double electric oven JTP27BOA5BB doesn't heat up properly. The lower element doesn't get hot at all, whether I set the temp to 350 or broil. The top element heats up at either temperature. That doesn't seem right to me, because I thought the top element was for broil only. I pulled the lower element and checked the continuity. It seems to be fine (reads about 20 ohms). Can someone recommend a next step? The lower oven is controlled by a single temperature dial; the upper oven has a full digital panel.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

you most likely have a bad thermostat. would you by chance have a copy of the wiring

diagram?

I don't have a copy of the wiring diagram. I have looked online and haven't found it yet.

I am confused about which element is supposed to do what?