Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Wash motor fault on asko W660

Checking asko w660 motor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 frog031

frog031

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

I need a service manual for an asko w660 washer. My display indicates a wash motor fault. I want to check to see if the motor needs to be replaced or if its the wiring etc

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

8061751 WM33_44-04.pdf
8061755 FUN WM33_44.pdf
W600-Series Service Manual.pdf
links PM'd

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 frog031

frog031

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

Thank you so much... Now the real work begins. the W660 has a advanced level of testing built into its system. I did so for the motor surprise surprise nothing happened. The question I have is what does that mean. Nothing came up on the display. I noticed that when I tested the other operating functions a number would flash on the lower right hand side of the display. Does any one know what that means?

#4 frog031

frog031

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

greetings all,
the service manual is great. The long and short of it the fault display indicated wash motor fault. Looking through the manual it appears that it could be wiring problem or the motor itself. I have taken off the rear panel and have a good look at the motor. The belts all look good and the wiring appears to be intact. The motor itself has a grey silver residue on the coil. My assumption is that is from the wear of the brushes. I do not have the electrical diagram for this machine. How can I go about testing the wiring and the motor?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

If the brushes are bad AND if they're replaceable on this motor, then you can quickly tell by visual inspection. If they're cracked or ground down to little nubs, they's bad.

This washer has the FHP-style motor so you should be able to replace the brushes separately using this part ==> Motor Brush

You should replace both brushes at the same time so buy two AFTER you confirm that the brushes can be replaced separately on your washer. If they can, there will be obvious retaining screws that hold the brush holster onto the motor frame.

Double check your motor

#6 frog031

frog031

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

thanks for tips. I pulled the motor and for what its worth the brushes look like they are in good shape. So what now? I assume that it might be the control board for the motor or the whole thing?

#7 frog031

frog031

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

I take it back... I took a better look at both brushes, that is I detached the brushes from the motor frame, and it turns out 1 is completely worn to the nub. The other one is completely ok. At least 2 inches of brush untouched. I went to the order the part following the link you sent and they only have one in stock... I went ahead and ordered that one. The look or shape of the casing looks different than the one on the motor but I think it will work. As far as replacing both brushes goes, apparently there was very uneven wear on the brushes. I will go ahead and put a back order on the other brush, but what do you think of going ahead and installing just the one new brush instead of 2 at the same time?

#8 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

Will most likely be OK and get you up and running for the time being.

Sometimes the brushes will wear unevenly, I'm pretty sure it's because of the direction of the motor turning at high speed for spin cycle causes the one brush to have a much heavier load against it then in the slow agitate/tumble mode, (IE: agitate/tumble just turns the motor slowly back and forth in both directions, high speed spin mode is always in the same direction).

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 26 September 2011 - 05:56 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#9 frog031

frog031

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

You all are awesome. the brushes are not cheap but it beats 500 plus dollars and I get to continue to use a really pretty good washing machine that really cleans my clothes well and on top of that I can, with help, work on it myself. Again thanks and I'll keep you posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics