Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skenig

blinking Normal & Cancel lights Whirlpool dishwasher GU2300 XTST0

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher GU2300XTST0 installed since 2009 in a rental. It has worked fine until a few weeks ago.

The tenants said that they had loaded the machine and were ready to start a cycle but it did not start, and the "Normal " and "Cancel" lights on the display were blinking.

I read everything I could get online about troubleshooting the appliance. I concluded it might be a faulty connection between the keyboard and the control board.

I located the "technical sheet" under the kickplate, and got access to the control board, that was actually filthy. The inside of the box had roach feces, and roaches apparently were living inside the door (Ugh). I carefully cleaned as best as I could, disconnected and reconnected the keyboard, reset the control board, closed everything, tested. It worked fine for a short while.

Yesterday the tenants called with the same problem. "Normal " and "Cancel" lights blinking, no other signs of life, no reaction to any command.

I am considering replacing the control board, but as it is quite expensive, I am wondering if this is what I should do or if I am going in a wrong direction.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I located the "technical sheet" under the kickplate,

What does this technical sheet say regarding those 2 lights flashing - keypad ??

And don't be a cue broob and put that sheet back in the machine when you're done

Nothing about having the same issue repeating itself ;(

Refer to Tech Sheet for checking keypad operation. Test will tell you if it is keypad or control.

"CHECKING KEYPAD OPERATION

A rapidly blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad

(or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console)

indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on either the control or the keypad.

To determine if the control or keypad is faulty, do the following test:"

It is definitely the touchpad, pretty common especially after being rouch infested.

Thanks, I will order the touchpad.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0