Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bought a new Dishwasher...PDWT100VWW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Foreman

Foreman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sprecher

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

Well, after all the helpful advise from the Fermented Grand Master, we decided not to fix our 13yo dishwasher ($150+ to fix) and bought a GE Profile PDWT100VWW.
Everything works great and installation was a breeze.

Quick question;
Is it common for a little water (dollar bill size puddle) to come out of the door vent when you open the door and it's folded down?
I know the vent allows steam to exit and droplets of water to form but if we open the door right after the dishwasher has finished, a small puddle will be on the floor. Not good since we have hardwood floors.
Now if we wait a while, just a few drops are on the floor.

Again, thanks for your help guys/gals. :thanks:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

The vent snorkel on these exits at the bottom left side of the door and has a small area that will catch condensation until the dry fan can evaporate it away...if you open the door right after the cycle, this is the water that drips out on the floor...no fix I know off for this except to be aware of it and stand ready to wipe it up promptly...GE imagination,as master regus loves to say!
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Or, don't open the door immediately after the cycle - wait until the next morning
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 Foreman

Foreman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

UPDATE: After dealing with water coming out of the vent, even waiting overnight before opening the door, it was time to contact GE and get a repairman out.
Short story long, he'd never seen this model (PDWT100VWW) and it didn't even show up on his portable laptop.
He couldn't fix the week old dishwasher because, and I quote, "the engineers at GE are aware of water leaking out the vent when the door is opened but there is no fix".
What?
You continue to sell a product with a design flaw.....

I digress...
Anyway, GE sent me out a new PDWT200VWW and this one doesn't have a door vent so we're up and running again. Plus they gave me an additional 1 year warranty and the optional sound kit. :rocker:

#5 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the follow-up...we here at the forum LOVE a good "sticking it to GE" story!
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#6 Foreman

Foreman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the follow-up...we here at the forum LOVE a good "sticking it to GE" story!

I'm buying so beer's on me! :gulp: :beermug: :cheers:

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

A little water leaks out the door vent of a new GE dishwasher when the door is opened at the end of the cycle. Is it broken?

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 22 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

Nah. Normal operation in these gimpy, new energy-star dishwashers-- they skimp on the heat during the dry cycle so everything comes out wet. Sublime Master KurtiusInterruptus explains:

The vent snorkel on these exits at the bottom left side of the door and has a small area that will catch condensation until the dry fan can evaporate it away...if...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics