Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tick

Kenmore Elec Dryer 110.62712101 No heat/timer not moving

4 posts in this topic

I took the vent off the back to see if the vent to the roof was restricting airflow (had warm air but took long time to dry). I set on High with a load in, watched the heating element heat up, ran good for about 20 minutes, dryer felt pretty dang hot, then went cold. No more heat & the cycle timer did not move from that point on.

Took heating element, HL thermo, internal bias thermo, fuse, & the other thermo attached to the element to the shop & all tested good. Checked my breakers, good but turned on/off just to be sure. Checked lint trap...clean.

Put all parts back on, but still no heat & the cycle timer is not counting down.

Any Ideas??

thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I took the vent off the back to see if the vent to the roof was restricting airflow (had warm air but took long time to dry).

And you ran this entire subsequent test with the vent removed?

No more heat & the cycle timer did not move from that point on.

Was this test run with the dryer in timed dry mode or auto dry?

yes with vent removed just a pair of panty hose over the exhaust

timed dry mode