Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterboy

Maytag MDB9750AWS Quiet Series dishwasher not standing by

8 posts in this topic

Konban wa all,

I have a Maytag Quietseries 300, I think around 5 years old (came in the house I bought last year). It has taken to constantly blinking "2H", and starts the wash cycle whenever the latch is engaged. It won't stop/cancel, or change from heavy/auto wash to any other setting. Occasionally the delay button will work, and then the stop/cancel button will work, but then it will reset to the beginning of the cycle. It is still washing dishes fine, but I am seeing the blinking light in my sleep. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Wiring short, dust/dog hair in the circuitry, or something more ominous, like the motherboard dying? I will add the model number to the post tomorrow when I get home; don't have it handy right this second.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Just come on back now ya hear ?

Will do. Didn't know if the Quietseries 300 would ring any alarm bells. Texting the wife to see if she can get it to me posthaste.

Nope - need a Model Number to hunt down info - we're not goin' anywhere

MDB9750AWS. Thanks!

Sounding like maybe a touchpad issue, the protocal is to plug in a known touchpad and see if it clears, if not, replace control - P/M'd manual link

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad/6919008/1469650?modelNumber=MDB9750AWS

01079694.jpg

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/12002710/1173225?modelNumber=MDB9750AWS

00924424.jpg

Thanks for the link and quick reply! I'll let you know how it turns out.

So, I took the step of unplugging the dishwasher while not in use to keep the damn thing from blinking. Apparently, it somehow reset after a few days of no power, and all is well. This makes me nervous.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0