Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Go Bulls

Water & Oil dump, model # 110.22954102

8 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore Elite, it's the King Size Heavy Duty with the 3 speed motor (6 speed settings)... it piddled on the floor yesterday. It wasn't the whole tub, but close to a gallon of water. After the water was out, it leaked oil in the same area... A clear tacky oil (gear oil?). It didn't stop running, but my wife unloaded it at the end of the spin cycle and it's been off ever since. The leak was not from the hoses. The water was only on the floor - not the back wall.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Was the water to the right, left, or center of the machine? on the floor?

The water came out to the right side. The oil came out to the right side as well.

According to the breakdown, it could be water from the bleach dispenser leaking during the spin, due to a lack of neutral drain. as far as the oil it s possible that it could be comming from the transmission, I would unplug the machine then tilt it up on the back legs, and look for signs of oil comming from the transmission. It will be a brownish clear if the transmission is leaking.

Fair enough. Thanks for the advice. I'll check under the hood to see if I can determine the source of the oil. I do have a diagram for opening up the body.

I've pulled apart the cabinet. The oil is coming from a cast iron piece with a sealed top that mounts to the read of the motor. The oil is visible all around the seam between the cast iron base and the top. It is located in the area directly under the wash tub - not the front.

No evidence of the water leak at all.

Yep, that's the transmission. The oil is coming out from the sealed seam.

Thanks for the help.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0