Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ET1CHEXVQ frosting in the freezer.

ET1CHEXVQ frosting over

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jkilgore34

jkilgore34

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

I looked at a customer's refrigerator that is frosting over in the freezer. model #ET1CHEXVQ. I did a door seal test with a slip of paper and found no real problems with it. I did see the corner of the gasket is not touching the freezer compartment. Is there any other way that warm air would be getting in their to create the frost than a bad door seal? Also can you tell me how the door seal is attached. I think it is glued on but I'm not 100% on that. If so can you tell me a good procedure for removing the old gasket and gluing the new gasket on?Thanx in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,738 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

Where is the frost located?

1) defrost system issue?
2) gasket issue ( i think you have the snap in type gasket. If so, you are lucky. If you cannot snap the bottom back into place, you can use a self taping screw so long as you do not screw into the face of the gasket
3) constant heat source (ice maker heater not turning off, freezer light bulb not turning off)
4) Check behind fridge for any ice maker water tube opening. Went to a service call to fix frost after two previous companies...they failed to see someone had removed tape that says "do not remove" unless ice maker installed.
5)incorrect evap fan motor pulling in air as opposed to pushing air....been any evap fan work done lately? Seen this only once and ironically was the same model fridge you are working on.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics