Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer model LSC8244BQ0 wont agitate, spin or drain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Meekum

Meekum

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this, and I was wondering if someone could help.

A couple of weeks ago the washer stoppe agitating, spinning and draining. When it gets to the spin cycle the motor hums for a little bit then shuts off

I took the entire thing apart and began to look at everything. Here is what i've tried recently.

Put a jumper into the close button. Still did not work

Looked into the pump. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Bought a new motor thinking that it was just old and worn out and just didn't have the torque needed to go into spin. Motor still hums on spin cycle after it attempts to spin the bin.

I can spin the motor while its in the tranny a couple of times and after trying about 5 times I can put it on the spin cycle and the bin will spin like its on spin cycle without slowing (I could do this with the old motor as well). However it just stay this way and the humming will eventually come back. I cannot spin the bin by spinning the motor unless using channel locks (if that is a problem).

The washer spin bin is hard to turn and makes scratching sounds when it does. Could this be why the motor is humming?

Please help, I'm completely lost at this point, im sorry for posting so much, but i've tried alot of experiments to see whats going on, thought they might help diagnosis.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

Unclip the pump from the motor and tie it back to the frame leg. Run the washer again and see how it runs with the pump out of the equation.

If that's good, remove the motor and inspect the coupler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics