Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag SAV4655EWW Washer Wont Drain

SAV4655EWW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MrK

MrK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Spaten Helles Bock

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hello,

I am having a problem with my Maytag sav4655eww Top Load Washer. When I do a wash, the machine fills, agitates, but never drains. When the cycle is over, the machine is full of soapy water. In order to empty the water out of the machine, I have to put the machine on spin cycle. The water empties without a problem. The same thing happens on every cycle
( Regular, Wrinkle Free, Delacates, Hand Wash), I took the pump off to see if the impeller was broken. The pump looks fine.
I am thinking motor issue or transmission issue. But I dont know enough about the washer to make a determination.
Does the motor need to reverse in order to drain? Maybe its not doing that? What should I be looking for?

Thank You for your time.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,403 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

I am having a problem with my Maytag sav4655eww Top Load Washer. When I do a wash, the machine fills, agitates, but never drains. When the cycle is over, the machine is full of soapy water. In order to empty the water out of the machine, I have to put the machine on spin cycle. The water empties without a problem.

This doesn't make sense-- the timer will advance thru this same cycle at least twice during the normal course of operation. Is the timer advancing properly thru the cycle? Do you hear the motor running when the timer advances to the drain/spin cycle? Does the timer advance to the drain/spin cycle on its own?

#3 MrK

MrK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

I sat there and watched the entire "Regular Cycle" and found that the timer advances through the cycle on its own but when it gets to the rinse or the extended spin portion of the cycle, it continues to agitate and then turns off when it gets to the end. I watched the entire "Gentle Knit Cycle" also. When it gets to the portion of the cycle where it is supposed to drain, the motor makes a loud noise and the thermo cut out trips. The motor is hot to the touch. Now I am thinking perhaps the timer is malfunctioning. What do you think?

Thanks Again for your time

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,403 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

I'm thinking there's something jamming the pump. Get inside the box and remove the hoses from the pump so you can get some deep eyeball and finger action on the impeller.

#5 MrK

MrK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

My original thought was a bad pump. I took the pump off of the motor and was able to turn the pump easily by hand and looked inside the pump with a flashlight. Nothing stuck inside. Impeller looks good. I did not see any damage.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

.. when it gets to the rinse or the extended spin portion of the cycle, it continues to agitate

... bad Maytag Transmission ?
Does the Motor turn in the opposite direction during "Spin" ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 MrK

MrK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

The Machine does Spin because that is how I drain the water out. I turn the dial to the spin cycle and the tub spins and drains the water.

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Sounds like a timer issue

http://www.repaircli...mber=SAV4655EWW

00736117.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#9 MrK

MrK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

I tend to agree with GMF. I am going to get a timer and hope for the best.
Thank you all for helping me out.
MrK

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,403 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

I am going to get a timer and hope for the best.

Keep hope alive!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SAV4655EWW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics