Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KEBS278DBS6 Can KitchenAid oven keypad connection be fixed?

Oven Keypad KitchenAid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eappell

eappell

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

We have a KitchenAid Superba (KEBS278DBS6) double oven, which had the famous "Cleaning Cycle blew my fuses" issue where we put the oven into self-cleaning mode, which blew the thermal and thermostatic fuses on the oven. Thanks to help on many threads here, I was able to get the oven open, then replaced the fuses, as well as the blower. Everything "appears" to be fine now, except every time we turn on the oven, after about a minute or two it shuts off and shows error code F2 E0. From looking at the manual, it looks like that means there is a connection error between the control board and the keypad. I've tried cleaning the connection, as suggested before, but no matter what I do I always get that error now. So I figured I would replace the keypad. Unfortunately it's no longer made and can't be replaced. I've searched everywhere.

We're being told that our only choice is to dump this oven and get a new one. What I have a big problem with is, everything seems to work fine on the oven! I can't believe we're gonna have to spend $2-3k for a new oven, when the only issue is the connection between the keypad and the control board! I'm an IT guy, I undestand computer hardware, and this keypad isn't "broken", it still works fine for setting the time, setting a timer, putting in a temperature, etc.

So I'm wondering if there's ANYTHING I can do to save this oven? Seems like an unbelievable waste to toss it because of this error code. Is there any way to bypass the error? Can anything be done? Can I replace a ribbon cable or something?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Eddie

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

Looks like the white one may still be available but just not in stock right now ==> Touchpad

Try contacting Bruce at Fixyourboard.com and see if he can rebuild the touchpanel for you.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

... we put the oven into self-cleaning mode

this white part should work, but it's $ 562
(return for any reason, less shipping)
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=589776

00730281.jpg

The black part may be still available somewhere, but may not be returnable
It may be a bad Touch-panel, OR the (bad?) Controller isn't "seeing" the (good?) Touch-panel.

“My Rules”:
Rule # 1) Don't ever use Self-Clean on any Oven.
Rule # 2) If you're thinking about using Self-Clean, see rule # 1.
Self-Clean uses nearly 1000F for 3 hours or more. burnin.gif
That can wreak havoc on Electronic Controllers and Connections.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 eappell

eappell

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Thanks guys, I'll consider my options and discuss with the wife. Nice to know I at least have options!

Thanks again - Eddie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Oven, Keypad, KitchenAid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics