Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Huebsch (Amana) Washer Spins, but hardly Agitates

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 cichlid7777

cichlid7777

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

the transmission does turn and the machine agitates weakly, it should have more power to get the clothes clean

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 cichlid7777

cichlid7777

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

Here is a video I posted. The clothes are barely moving back and forth, they are not getting clean and the machine is not being overloaded. The agitator should work better to move the clothes around the drum.

#23 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:55 AM

and the Belt is not slipping at all ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#24 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:35 AM

See if you can turn the agitator by hand, it should NOT move easily if at all by trying to turn from the top of the agitator.

I believe these have a drive bell similar to GE and maybe it is stripped out. Seems to be too even of a movement back and forth to be that problem though. Almost looks like it's in a very slow/delicate agitate cycle but again seems way to slow for that also.

It's not a problem with the motor and if it spins good and strong it's not a problem with the belt, agitate takes very little effort to turn the drive pulley, if the belt were loose or improperly tensioned you wouldn't be getting a good spin.

Remove the belt from the transmission pulley and turn the transmission pulley by hand in the agitate direction. It should turn very easily with hardly any resistance at all and the agitator should move back and forth, have someone watch what the agitator is doing while you turn the transmission pulley. If it's hard to turn then something in the transmission is binding up, (possibly agitator shaft seals gone bad and let water into the transmission and gummed up the agitator output shaft).
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#25 cichlid7777

cichlid7777

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

I can hardly turn the agitation by hand, I have to hold it with two hand , it moves but not easily. it does agitate slow, I will try moving the pully from underneath to see if that binds up.

#26 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

you should remove the belt from the transmission pulley to ensure that you are getting a good feel as you turn it. If this machine has a 2 speed motor it is possible that the motor or timer could not be allowing the motor to go into high speed in the "normal cycle" Usually the low speed is for "permenant press" how ever from your video it appears either your belt is slightly slipping or the transmission is slipping. and you sure you installed the belt correctly?
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#27 matt1

matt1

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

You said it will spin and drain as normal then your belt and motor are good. On spin cycle motor will have more torque and speed that turn the big pulley which will compress and release the brake for it to be able to spin.On agitate cycle motor don't have to work as hard.Sadly to said you had a bad transmission,and unfortunately there isn't a way to tested. On your first post,you stated that you want to replace the belt.Is It because it does not agitate ?

Edited by matt1, 29 September 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#28 cichlid7777

cichlid7777

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

I finally figured out I had the belt installed incorrectly , it was to loose and slipping. I am totally new to this but really enjoyed learning how to fix myself even though I have spent a lot of time on this machine. Thank you to everyone who was willing to help out I really appreciate it. The machine now works fine.

#29 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hmmm - who'da thunk it ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#30 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

Its often the simple things...
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#31 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Service manual

Edited by applianceman18007260692, 03 October 2011 - 10:42 AM.

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#32 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

When you were replacing the belt, did you happen to notice any oil on the base of the washer?, also when putting the belt on , were you able to turn the transmission pulley in both directions? (im referring to the big pulley mounted at the bottom of the transmission, not the motor pulley. if the pulley turns clockwise, (spin direction) (if you were looking from the bottom of the machine) but doesnt turn counter clockwise (agitate direction), you will need to replace the transmission. does it turn freely in both directions?

#33 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

just noticed/wached your video....is the idler arm out of position? thats what it sounds like to me...

#34 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

Good point, John.

cich, can you post a video of the motor and idler pulley?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics