Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore elite washer #11024942300

water pours in spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wdunny

wdunny

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Great Master,

My Kenmore Elite washer, #11024942300, has now stopped dead. Over the weekend it was pouring water in continously during the spin cycle. The clothes were more wet than usual after the washer finished. Now it will not work at all, not fill, not anything. It quit right before the last spin cycle and is full of water. It will not do anything on any setting. Am I correct in thinking the timer is the problem?

Thanks,
wdunny

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

Could check the lidswitch - behind console - springclips in bottom front of console release to allow panel to swing up

http://www.repaircli...er=110.24942300

00639788.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 wdunny

wdunny

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Would the lidswitch cause water to run throughout the spin cycle? It was doing that right before it decided to quit on me.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

.. Now it will not work at all, not fill, not anything.

... not the Spin Cycle, either ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 wdunny

wdunny

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Correct, it is dead on all settings.

#6 wdunny

wdunny

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Another thing to add is that it is causing the breaker to trip. If I unplug the washer the breaker is fine, and doesn't trip if I plug something else in. If I plug in the washer, the breaker trips.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,030 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

Holding my breath, awaiting your masterful report on the lid switch. Posted Image

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Another thing to add is that it is causing the breaker to trip. If I plug in the washer, the breaker trips.

Well that changes the landscape, why did you sit on that tidbit of information ?
Empty the washer by lowering drain hose - once empty set the washer again and see if it fills up and the trips the breaker once it tries to agitate

I have run into this several times where the motor wiring fails internally and grounds - if it does what I describe above, measure resistance of each motor terminal to the Motor frame - any continuity means the Motor is bad

http://www.repaircli...er=110.24942300

00663034.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#9 wdunny

wdunny

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Thanks. I didn't intentionally withhold that information. I came back and posted about the breaker as soon as I realized that was happening. I will have to figure a way to empty the washer without flooding the laundry and hallway.

I will be testing the lid switch as soon as I get home this afternoon. Had to get a multimeter first.

#10 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Before ya go too hawg wild on draining it, check that lid switch and peel the cabinet off so you can get some eyeballs on the pump as something could be caught in it and not allowing motor to start

see here: http://fixitnow.com/...-washer-repair/

#11 wdunny

wdunny

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Well, lidswitch checked out good. Put it all back together and drained tub. It then did exactly as you described. It started to fill up to about half full then stopped and blew the breaker. I will have to check the motor continuity later tonight as I am about to go into my second job. Do I need to drain the tub again before doing this test? Thanks so much for the help thus far!

#12 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

No - unplug washer, remove cabinet and motor wire harness - measure each pin/wire in the connector to the motor frame, if any of them show continuity you have a bad motor

#13 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:12 AM

And just to make sure everyone is clear here.

When you say it "blew the breaker", do you really mean the circuit breaker, (the one in the main circuit panel box)? Not a GFI wall plug with the test/reset button.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#14 wdunny

wdunny

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

Yes, the circuit breaker in the panel box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics