Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore HE2 Plus, mod# 110.47511701. Won't agitate or spin

Error code F25

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 buster262

buster262

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:OJ

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Front load Kenmore/Whirlpool HE2 Plus. Won't agitate or spin. Drum will rotate 1 or 2 revolutions then stops. Won't spin at all. Consistent F25 error code. Checked all connections. Suspect the MUC. I live in Belize, Central America so don't want to start randomly buying, shipping and replacing parts.
If it's a bad MUC would the motor still turn the drum a few revolutions?
Did Ohm check on motor harness. 3 pins read 5.6 Ohmsis that a problem? should they be reading 6?
Everything else works but motor doesn't turn drum.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

Your motor measurements are OK - assuming you are measuring pins 1 to 2 - 2 to 3 and 1 to 3
Measure pins 4 to 5 and look for 115 - 120 ohms that will be the tach coil from motor. If that's OK check the harness wires from there to motor control.

Listening to my Furnace cycle, I too, wish I was in Belize
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 buster262

buster262

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for the reply. I get nothing when I check pins 4 & 5, no Ohms/continuity. Is the tach coil a replaceable and/or repairable part? What causes the tach coil to malfunction?
And it's very comfortable here about 84 with a good breeze off the ocean.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

That's your problem, the Tacho coil is open, but it is internal to the motor so you have to replace the whole thing, here is a link to the Motor: http://www.repaircli...er=110.47511701
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

When checking the tacho coil in the motor make sure you have your meter on a high enough ohms setting to read. You need at least one step up on the range on your meter than what you used to test the motor phase windings.

Phase windings you are looking for 6 ohms, the tacho coil is going to be 115 - 120 ohms so if you had you meter on a continuity check that usually only reads up to around 45 - 60 ohms, need to step up to a 200 ohm or higher setting or auto range on your meter.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 buster262

buster262

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

I double checked the Tach coil to make sure. And reads no Ohms, no continuity. Not sure how or what it will take to get the right motor in Belize. Is there a Maytag washer that uses this same motor? Will it work in my washer? There is a Maytag repair shop here.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Motor
Maytag / Whirlpool W10140581
may be used in models:
WFW8400T series
WFW8500T series

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

Another way to test the coil is to connect meter to coil (motor disconnected) and look for dc voltage while spinning the motor

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to test the motor in a Whirlpool Duet Sport - Kenmore HE2 Plus front load washer

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 30 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

If your front load washer isn't spinning or tumbling the drum, the three big components to test are the door latch assembly, the motor control board, and the motor. Usually details for these tests are given in the tech sheet inside the washer. Here are some tips from Sublime Master Willie for testing the motor using an ohm meter:

When...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics