Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE DSS25KSRD Refrig filter change light not working?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drgerry

drgerry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

GE DSS25KSRD-SS

Purchased a used refrig in January, 2011. Changed the water filter when bought.

Is the water filter indicator light supposed to be on all the time? It has never been on. I don't know how often I should change the filter but the water flow is getting very weak.

I pressed the "filter indicator" button and held it for 3 seconds and the light flashes red and then holds red and then goes out. It only does this while I'm holding the button.

What does this mean? Circuit board?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

you should change the filter every 3-6 months, in my experience when the water flow to the door is getting slowed down, this can be resolved by replacing the filter. You should be able to reset the filter light by holding the filter status button untill, the light holds a color, then press it again and it should change colors, and go off, then when you go to get water it should be green instead of red. SO what I'm saying is that you have to manually reset the light. Doesn't sound like a board issue to me yet.

Edited by Comstock_Services, 02 October 2011 - 09:39 AM.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#3 drgerry

drgerry

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:30 AM

thank you, but light will not "reset". The light blinks 6 times (red), then stays on for 1-2 secs, then goes out. Will not change colors, will not come on when getting water.

I know it's not a critical issue, but we may be selling it and I would like for it to be working properly so I can get the most value out of it.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,633 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

I have had this problem on two units now. The solution in both cases was to replace the user interface and display panel.

Part link ==> http://www.repaircli...5X10423/1092914

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics