Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Dishwasher Model KUDS03FTSS start button blinks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tompowers535

tompowers535

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Vodka and lemonade or Captain Morgan and Diet Coke

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

The start button blinks and the dishwasher will not run. I tried to reset it by pressing sani/rinse then heat/dry twice but the start button still blinks. I tested the door switch and I had continuity when I closed the switch. It seems like the latch is making contact with the switch. Is there something else I can try ?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Try slightly bending the door strike down a little. may not be hitting the switches just right
when the door closes.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 tompowers535

tompowers535

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Thank you, I did try that and it does seem to make contact. I don't know what else to try from here. I did try resetting the light by pressing "sani/rinse" the "heat/dry" twice and that didn't work either. I also tried killing the poawer for 30 seconds but it still just blinks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Is it "Blinking Slowly" or "Flashing Rapidly?"

PROBLEM: Won’t Run and LED for Start/Resume Key is Blinking Slowly

Door switch not making contact:
1. Faulty or sloppy door latch assembly (which can be aggravated by high door closure force).
2. Faulty door switch (high resistance).
3. Faulty control does not detect door closed.

PROBLEM: Won’t Run and LED Above Key(s) is Flashing Rapidly

Short circuit(s) in keypad or in control’s input lines that read the keys (ribbon).

Also check that the control lock hasn't inadvertently been engaged. Try unlocking it by holding the lock key ~3 seconds. I have found that the unit will sometimes lock without the lock LED illuminating....

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 19 May 2013 - 09:45 PM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#5 tompowers535

tompowers535

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

Thanks, I will try those

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics