Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

speed queen washer screaming like a, like a, well it's loud

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Mr. Manure Spreader_*

Lurker_Mr. Manure Spreader_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:15 PM

Background: I know jack squat about most things

A few years ago, my friend asked me to look at her washer.  I did.  I saw a belt was broken, so I replaced it.  Super.  It worked.

This week, the speed queen washer started screaming like a, like a, well it's loud

Doesn't seem to matter if it is when agitating or spinning -- the washer is loud.

Please advise.  I am guessing a pulley, or tensioner ... and a new belt. 

Where does this job fall on the suds-o-meter?   Going to get some beer now.

Muchas thank-ias

Mr. Spreader

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_Mr. Manure Spreader -- Unsolved Mystery_*

Lurker_Mr. Manure Spreader -- Unsolved Mystery_*

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:35 PM

[glow=lime]Unsolved Mystery UPDATE[/glow]
 :yikes:
Just moments ago, I had yet another encounter with the enemy.  The force is strong with him.

Anyway, I wanted to test a couple of things out ... not really knowing what the test will tell me for sure (See footnote)

Anywayzzz ... I took off the belt from the motor to the pump, and through the machine on spin.  Low and behold, there was no more screaming from the machine.

My guess is that the water pump is bad.  Does this sound right, o wise ones?

I told my friend that she probably had 3 choices:

1) buy a new machine

2) try washing clothes with out the pump ( and consequently w/o water)

3) replace the pump

She's opting for #3 ... depending on what I learn here.

Please advise,

Mr. Spreader

Footnote: My testing the pump/belt theory.  It reminded me of when I travel to another country, like Haiti.  I learn how to ask how someone is doing, or how to ask for directions.  I get those questions down pat, but it really gets me no where, b/c I have no idea what in the heck they are saying to me in return.  Like this test ... I thought it was a good idea, but really had no idea what the results were telling me.

#3 TyrranzzX

TyrranzzX

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:39 PM

Well, what I'd do stick a screwdriver into the pump where the motor normally contacts with it, check to see if it's worn and see if you can move it. It should move without any problem and not produce a lot of noise.

If that is the case, then you can take the pump apart after draining the basket and see what's caused the problem; the pump works by spinning a piece of straight plastic, centered in a circle, around. One side fills from gravity and as the plastic piece moves around, is pumped out to another hose My guess is that since it's making all that racket and not leaking, the part that seals the straight plastic piece and the outside of the pump is to blame.

Might also be nice to include your washer type :P Model number, ect.

#4 Lurker_Mr. Manure Spreader_*

Lurker_Mr. Manure Spreader_*

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:23 AM

[glow=blue]The speedqueen has been healed![/glow]

This speedqueen is healed!

I stared playing with the pump that I removed.  I was looking in it with a trouble light, and saw a suspicious piece of wirey-type stuff, so I pulled that buggar out of the pump.  It was a piece of a heavy duty paper clip.

I put it all back together and, well let's just say that my friend's jr. high son, is wearing clean undershorts again.

and fyi, next time i will remember to put my model number in.

for those of you keeping track at home, it was speedqueen model AA4211WE

I love this site.  None of my friends believe me when I tell them of the mighty samurai and his great deeds.  The scoffers can just keep busy scoffing, but I will have cheaply repaired appliances!

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,692 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:48 PM

Shazayam! Wish I could've taken part in your repair success, but you whupped it alll by yourself. Nice work! :cheers:

But it was great reading about your repair saga, thanks for sharing. :dude:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics