Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG Dishwasher - LD-12AW2 Door leak

LG Dishwasher Door Leak Seal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Carlton Draught

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hi, I'm currently trying to track down a leak with an lg dishwasher. I pulled it apart and found a dislodged seal on inside lip of the wash "cubicle" which is in front of the door when closed, and doesn't seem to be a compression seal when it is closed, possibly a dam seal? Or is this only here to seal when the door is open as it does seem to snug up against it then?

However when this was replaced it didn't rectify the problem. Should the water level get high enough to lip over this? as it appears the only other "seal" on the front is a close fit metal on metal where the door meets the housing.

The leak appears to be from the lower RHS facing the front, and only seems to occur when the water level gets to a certain point after the void between the front of the housing and the door fills up.

I also found a knife wedged under the LHS of the door.

Any ideas? Should this area even be getting this full?

Thanks.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

Have you run the D/W with the front panel off? did you check all of the spray arms for partially blocked ports???

#3 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

Hi , Thanks for your reply. I haven't had a chance to run it with the door off as the unit is in situ at the customers premises. I'll go back and pull the spray arms off and check to see if they are clean. When run with the door closed, it seems as though the leak is starting as the machine is filling up with water before any cleaning is occurring. Which is why I was wondering if the water level is getting too high.

There doesn't seem to be any seal at the base of the door, just the foam seal out in the "gutter" section in front of it. Is the very bottom usually a metal on metal seal, or is it only there to seal against splashing rather than immersion?

Thanks.

#4 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi all, It's fixed ... although I'm not entirely sure which item in the final sequence of events was the solution. Here is what was done, I'd be interested in others thoughts.

1/ As per Samanera's suggestion (thanks for your time btw), I pulled all the spray arms out and gave them a clean. Each of the 3 arms had blockages. Probably about two in each of them, with ceramic, and bits and pieces of associated debris.

2/ We pulled the drain pump out to check for blockages

3/ Whilst the drain pump was out we pulled the pressure switch that was connected to this area out and apart. The diaphragm was fine, and we couldn't see any issues.

4/ Before reinstalling the pump and pressure switch, I blew out the pressure switch line, and quite a bit of greasy gunk came out (blocked and not switching perhaps?)

5/ Pump and pressure switch were then reinstalled.

6/ Test ran without the spray arms, and the washer ran with the water level notably lower than previous, and didn't even make it up to the spill / dam seal in the front of the door (i.e. no leak)

8/ Replaced all of the spray arms, and ran again, the water level was even lower with these in place.

Fixed ..... was it most likely the blocked spray arms, or a pressure switch blockage?

Thanks.

Sorry, Samanera should have read "Certified Tech Group 51", read my own title in the post above the last one ..... doh!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LG, Dishwasher, Door Leak, Seal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics